1 800 222 6872

18th-Century Flemish Harpsichord Music: Boutmy, Raick, De Boeck, Staes et al. / Ewald Demeyere, harpsichord

Audio Samples

>Boutmy, Josse (Charles) : Suite for harpsichord no 6 in G minor (from Troisieme Livre de Pieces)
>Anonymous, Flemish : Andante (from
>     Deel eener verzameling v muziekstukken voor clavecimbel, piano of orgel)
>Raick, Dieudonne : Suite for keyboard no 5 in F minor (Vol. 1)
>Anonymous, Flemish : Legrement (from
>     Deel eener verzameling v muziekstukken voor clavecimbel, piano of orgel)
>Anonymous, Flemish : Glockenspiel (from
>     Deel eener verzameling v muziekstukken voor clavecimbel, piano of orgel)
>Anonymous, Flemish : Arieta un poco Allegro (from
>     Deel eener verzameling v muziekstukken voor clavecimbel, piano of orge
>Anonymous, Flemish : Air 3te toni allegro (from
>     Deel eener verzameling v muziekstukken voor clavecimbel, piano of orgel)
>Boeck, Friar I. de : Suite for harpsichord or organ, Op. 1
>     Allegro
>     Siciliano andante
>Boeck, Friar I. de : Sonata no 2 for harpsichord or organ, Op. 2/2
>     Menuet
>Staes, Ferdinand : Sonata for harpsichord or fortepiano no 2, Op. 4/2
>     Allegro moderato
>     Rondeau allegro
>Boeck, Friar I. de : Sonata no 5 for harpsichord or organ, Op. 2/5
>     Allegro
>Helmont, Charles-Joseph v : Suite for harpsichord no 2, Op. 1/2
>     La Lisette. Rondeau tendrement
>Anonymous, Flemish : Le luttin allegro (from
>     Deel eener verzameling v muziekstukken voor clavecimbel, piano of orgel)
>Anonymous, Flemish : Allegro (from
>     Deel eener verzameling v muziekstukken voor clavecimbel, piano of orgel)
>Borcht, Natalis V. : Suite for harpsichord no 6 in E flat major, Op. 2/6
>     Gratioso con Variatione

Album Summary

>Boutmy, Josse (Charles) : Suite for harpsichord no 6 in G minor (from Troisieme Livre de Pieces)
>Anonymous, Flemish : Andante (from
>Raick, Dieudonne : Suite for keyboard no 5 in F minor (Vol. 1)
>Anonymous, Flemish : Legrement (from
>Anonymous, Flemish : Glockenspiel (from
>Anonymous, Flemish : Arieta un poco Allegro (from
>Anonymous, Flemish : Air 3te toni allegro (from
>Boeck, Friar I. de : Suite for harpsichord or organ, Op. 1
>Boeck, Friar I. de : Sonata no 2 for harpsichord or organ, Op. 2/2
>Staes, Ferdinand : Sonata for harpsichord or fortepiano no 2, Op. 4/2
>Boeck, Friar I. de : Sonata no 5 for harpsichord or organ, Op. 2/5
>Helmont, Charles-Joseph v : Suite for harpsichord no 2, Op. 1/2
>Anonymous, Flemish : Le luttin allegro (from
>Anonymous, Flemish : Allegro (from
>Borcht, Natalis V. : Suite for harpsichord no 6 in E flat major, Op. 2/6
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Highly regarded harpsichordist Ewald Demeyer performs a selection of rarely heard 18th century Flemish solo pieces by some of the lesser known composers of the period, including Josse Boutmy, Dieudonné Raick, F.I. de Boeck, Ferdinand Staes, Charles-Joseph van Helmont, and Natalis Vander Borcht.

Harpsichordist Ewald Demeyere has for many years been a member of the highly regarded early music groups La Petite Bande and Il Fondamento. He has released many CDs on the Accent label, including discs of the Eight Keyboard Sonatas by Thomas Arne, sonatas and fugues by Wilhelm Friedemann Bach, Pièces de Clavecin by Joseph-Hector Fiocco, and sonatas by Domenico Scarlatti. In 2007 he founded the Baroque orchestra Bach Concentus which has released two titles including a double set of overtures by Johann Bernhard Bach and Georg Philipp Telemann.

Eighteenth-century Flemish harpsichord music today is mostly identified with the Pièces de Clavecin of 1731 by Joseph-Hector Fiocco which undoubtedly form the high point in the genre. However there are several other musical figures from this time and region whose work is well worth investigating, and the repertoire performed on this CD has been put together as a result of an artistic research project carried out by Ewald Demeyere based on the rich collection of music at the Antwerp Conservatory library.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Boutmy, Josse (Charles) : Suite for harpsichord no 6 in G minor (from Troisième Livre de Pièces)
  • Performer: Ewald Demeyere (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Vleeshuis Museum, Antwerp, Belgium (03/28/2011-03/31/2011)
  • Running Time: 18 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Anonymous, Flemish : Andante (from :: Deel eener verzameling v muziekstukken voor clavecimbel, piano of orgel)
  • Performer: Ewald Demeyere (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Vleeshuis Museum, Antwerp, Belgium (03/28/2011-03/31/2011)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 59 sec.

>Dieudonné Raick (1703 - 1764) : Suite for keyboard no 5 in F minor (Vol. 1)
  • Performer: Ewald Demeyere (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Vleeshuis Museum, Antwerp, Belgium (03/28/2011-03/31/2011)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1740

>Anonymous, Flemish : Legrement (from :: Deel eener verzameling v muziekstukken voor clavecimbel, piano of orgel)
  • Performer: Ewald Demeyere (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Vleeshuis Museum, Antwerp, Belgium (03/28/2011-03/31/2011)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 21 sec.

>Anonymous, Flemish : Glockenspiel (from :: Deel eener verzameling v muziekstukken voor clavecimbel, piano of orgel)
  • Performer: Ewald Demeyere (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Vleeshuis Museum, Antwerp, Belgium (03/28/2011-03/31/2011)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 29 sec.

>Anonymous, Flemish : Arieta un poco Allegro (from :: Deel eener verzameling v muziekstukken voor clavecimbel, piano of orge
  • Performer: Ewald Demeyere (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Vleeshuis Museum, Antwerp, Belgium (03/28/2011-03/31/2011)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 5 sec.

>Anonymous, Flemish : Air 3te toni allegro (from :: Deel eener verzameling v muziekstukken voor clavecimbel, piano of orgel)
  • Performer: Ewald Demeyere (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Vleeshuis Museum, Antwerp, Belgium (03/28/2011-03/31/2011)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 39 sec.

>Boeck, Friar I. de : Suite for harpsichord or organ, Op. 1 :: Allegro
  • Performer: Ewald Demeyere (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Vleeshuis Museum, Antwerp, Belgium (03/28/2011-03/31/2011)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Boeck, Friar I. de : Suite for harpsichord or organ, Op. 1 :: Siciliano andante
  • Performer: Ewald Demeyere (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Vleeshuis Museum, Antwerp, Belgium (03/28/2011-03/31/2011)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Boeck, Friar I. de : Sonata no 2 for harpsichord or organ, Op. 2/2 :: Menuet
  • Performer: Ewald Demeyere (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Vleeshuis Museum, Antwerp, Belgium (03/28/2011-03/31/2011)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Staes, Ferdinand : Sonata for harpsichord or fortepiano no 2, Op. 4/2 :: Allegro moderato
  • Performer: Ewald Demeyere (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Vleeshuis Museum, Antwerp, Belgium (03/28/2011-03/31/2011)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Staes, Ferdinand : Sonata for harpsichord or fortepiano no 2, Op. 4/2 :: Rondeau allegro
  • Performer: Ewald Demeyere (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Vleeshuis Museum, Antwerp, Belgium (03/28/2011-03/31/2011)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Boeck, Friar I. de : Sonata no 5 for harpsichord or organ, Op. 2/5 :: Allegro
  • Performer: Ewald Demeyere (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Vleeshuis Museum, Antwerp, Belgium (03/28/2011-03/31/2011)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Helmont, Charles-Joseph v : Suite for harpsichord no 2, Op. 1/2 :: La Lisette. Rondeau tendrement
  • Performer: Ewald Demeyere (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Vleeshuis Museum, Antwerp, Belgium (03/28/2011-03/31/2011)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Anonymous, Flemish : Le luttin allegro (from :: Deel eener verzameling v muziekstukken voor clavecimbel, piano of orgel)
  • Performer: Ewald Demeyere (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Vleeshuis Museum, Antwerp, Belgium (03/28/2011-03/31/2011)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 9 sec.

>Anonymous, Flemish : Allegro (from :: Deel eener verzameling v muziekstukken voor clavecimbel, piano of orgel)
  • Performer: Ewald Demeyere (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Vleeshuis Museum, Antwerp, Belgium (03/28/2011-03/31/2011)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.

>Borcht, Natalis V. : Suite for harpsichord no 6 in E flat major, Op. 2/6 :: Gratioso con Variatione
  • Performer: Ewald Demeyere (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Vleeshuis Museum, Antwerp, Belgium (03/28/2011-03/31/2011)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical