- Greg Baker
- Dan Barrett (Cello)
- Charles Coleman
- Marc Molomot (Tenor)
- Lynn Norris
- Gene Pritsker (Electronics)
- Chanda Rule
Notes & Reviews:
My chamber opera 'William James's Varieties of Religious Experience' takes various examples from James's book/lecture and creates a narrative out of some of the more captivating cases. Some of the examples cited are mystic others are based on faith. The opera ends with Leo Tolstoy, the great Russian novelist, telling his tale of changing reality, and his belief in the super natural. - Gene Pritsker
"Barring the obvious exceptions, much of 21st century composition appears to be thinning in significance, but this might be about to change. Gene Pritsker is one of a very spare handful of composers effecting this change." - Raul d'Gama Rose, All About Jazz
Recording information: Noizepunk Studios, NY; Pencil Factory Studios, NY aka Studio 420, NY.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsPritsker, Gene : William James's Varieties of Religious Experience, chamber opera
- Performers: Greg Baker; Dan Barrett (Cello); Charles Coleman; Marc Molomot (Tenor); Lynn Norris; Gene Pritsker (Electronics); Chanda Rule
- Notes: Noizepunk Studios, NY; Pencil Factory Studios, NY aka Studio 420, NY
- Running Time: 40 min. 19 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary