- Duluth Harbor Serenade $0.99 on iTunes
- Ghostly Psalms: No. 1. Jungle Litany -
- Ghostly Psalms: No. 2. Draw On, Sweet Night - $0.99 on iTunes
- Ghostly Psalms: No. 3. Roots of a Magic Square - $0.99 on iTunes
- Ghostly Psalms: No. 4. The Shadow of my Shadow - $0.99 on iTunes
- Ghostly Psalms: No. 5. Non Judgment Day Is Nigh - $0.99 on iTunes
- Ghostly Psalms: No. 6. Now, More or Less Than Ever - $0.99 on iTunes
- Ghostly Psalms: No. 7. Beyond and Above - $0.99 on iTunes
- Ghostly Psalms: No. 8. Scratch I-Ching - $0.99 on iTunes
- Ghostly Psalms: No. 9. Hymn to the Solar System $0.99 on iTunes
- Gospel Jihad $0.99 on iTunes
Album Remarks & Appraisals:
Some say that an artist's output is necessarily autobiographical. This set of three substantial works by Philip Blackburn does nothing to disprove that; they have his visionary DNA all over them. They show his deep concern for space, people, and ideas discovering each other through sounding and listening in the moment of performance. From a city-wide organized industrial soundscape to a virtuoso Cambridge choir, from a brainwave-generated laptop solo to Ellen Fullman's 80-foot long string instrument with cloistered nuns blowing on organ pipes, these live events are as audacious as they are unrepeatable: Community-based experimental music at its most raw and refined, fun and profound.
After producing nearly 400 albums for the innova label, this is the first disc devoted to Blackburn's own music. His work as an environmental sound artist has made plants, sewer-, and eco-systems audible, and has animated harbors, science museums, children's festivals, parks, parking lots, and deserts with extra opportunities for community listening.
Liner Note Author: Philip Blackburn.
Director: Philip Blackburn.
Photographers: Philip Blackburn; Betty Freeman; Ines Blackburn; Gary Snapper.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Partch, Cage, LaBarbara, Drummond: Microtonal Works /Newband
Per Norgard: Sceneries for percussion & ensemble - Prelude to Breaking; Four Meditations; Arabesques / Christian Martinez
The View Was All in Lines / Schöenberg, Schaathun, Wallin / Kenneth Karlsson, piano
Autumnal: Chamber Music by Thomas Hyde / Iuventus Quartet
Gloria Coates: At Midnight
Jennifer Higdon: An Exaltation of Larks - Scenes from the Poet's Dream; Light Refracted; An Exultation of Larks / Gary Graffman, piano; Todd Palmer, clarinet
Johann Schollhorn: Clouds and Sky / Gareth Davis, bass clarinet; Jack Quart
Niels Rosing-Schow (b.1954): Peinture du Temps
Bill Frisell/Carol Emanuel/Kenny Wollesen: John Zorn: The Mysteries