Notes & Reviews:
The warm, expansive music-making confirms even more clearly than before that the old view of this as one of Beethoven's weaker works is quite wrong. The three Soviet soloists revel in the multiplicity of ideas, with Richter in the spare piano part providing a tautening influence.
Recording information: 1969.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsBeethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano, Violin and Cello in C major, Op. 56 "Triple Concerto"
- Performers: Sviatoslav Richter (Piano); David Oistrakh (Violin); Mstislav Rostropovich (Cello)
- Conductor: Herbert Karajan
- Ensemble: Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra
- Notes: Jesus-Christus-Kirche, Berlin (09/15/1969-09/17/1969)
- Running Time: 36 min. 38 sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Written: 1803-1804
Brahms, Johannes : Concerto for Violin and Cello in A minor, Op. 102 "Double"
- Performers: Mstislav Rostropovich (Cello); David Oistrakh (Violin)
- Conductor: George Szell
- Ensemble: Cleveland Orchestra
- Notes: Severance Hall, Cleveland, Ohio (05/12/1969-05/13/1969)
- Running Time: 32 min. 48 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Written: 1887