1 800 222 6872

Time Traveller: La Belle Epoque

Audio Samples

>Offenbach, Jacques : Gaite Parisienne
>     Overture
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : An der schonen, blauen Donau, Op. 314
>Offenbach, Jacques : La Perichole
>     Valse
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Prinz Methusalem
>Waldteufel, Emile : Les Patineurs Valse ("Skater's Waltz"), Op. 183
>Lehár, Franz : Vilja-Lied ("Es lebt eine Vilja") (from "Die lustige Witwe")
>Fauré, Gabriel : C'est l'extase, song for voice & piano (Melodies de Venise), Op. 58/5
>Tosti, Francesco Paolo : A Marechiare
>Elgar, Edward : Two Pieces, Op. 15
>     2. Chanson de matin
>Liszt, Franz : Grand galop chromatique for Piano, S 219
>Gottschalk, Louis M. : Le Banjo, esquisse americaine for piano, Op. 15, D. 15 (RO 22)
>Debussy, Claude : Clair de lune
>Martini, Jean-Paul-Gilles : Plaisir d'amour, for voice & piano (or orchestra)
>Satie, Erik : Gymnopedies (3) for Piano
>Massenet, Jules : Meditation (from "Thaïs")

Album Summary

>Offenbach, Jacques : Gaite Parisienne
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : An der schonen, blauen Donau, Op. 314
>Offenbach, Jacques : La Perichole
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Prinz Methusalem
>Waldteufel, Emile : Les Patineurs Valse ("Skater's Waltz"), Op. 183
>Lehár, Franz : Vilja-Lied ("Es lebt eine Vilja") (from "Die lustige Witwe")
>Fauré, Gabriel : C'est l'extase, song for voice & piano (Melodies de Venise), Op. 58/5
>Tosti, Francesco Paolo : A Marechiare
>Elgar, Edward : Two Pieces, Op. 15
>Liszt, Franz : Grand galop chromatique for Piano, S 219
>Gottschalk, Louis M. : Le Banjo, esquisse americaine for piano, Op. 15, D. 15 (RO 22)
>Debussy, Claude : Clair de lune
>Martini, Jean-Paul-Gilles : Plaisir d'amour, for voice & piano (or orchestra)
>Satie, Erik : Gymnopedies (3) for Piano
>Massenet, Jules : Meditation (from "Thaïs")
Performers Conductors Ensemble
  • >
Composers

Notes & Reviews:

As the 19th century faded and the 20th century began; something special was in the air: the scent of decadence mingled with the thrill of the new. Moving from Romanticism to Modernism, creative spirits welcomed diverse influences - some of them exotic - and introduced new textures and colors to their work. Whether first heard in Paris, Vienna or London, the music of the Belle Époque was typically sensuous, elegant and perfumed - and full of subtle delights.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Offenbach, Jacques : Gaité Parisienne :: Overture
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 2 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Ballet

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : An der schönen, blauen Donau, Op. 314
  • Conductor: Willi Boskovsky
  • Running Time: 9 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1867

>Offenbach, Jacques : La Périchole :: Valse
  • Conductor: Manuel Rosenthal
  • Running Time: 3 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: circa 1868-1874

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Prinz Methusalem
  • Conductor: Willi Boskovsky
  • Running Time: 2 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1877

>Waldteufel, Emile : Les Patineurs Valse ("Skater's Waltz"), Op. 183
  • Conductor: Willi Boskovsky
  • Running Time: 7 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1882

>Franz Lehár (1870 - 1948) : Vilja-Lied ("Es lebt eine Vilja") (from "Die lustige Witwe")
  • Performer: Kate Royal (Voice)
  • Conductor: Edward Gardner
  • Running Time: 6 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal

>Gabriel Fauré (1845 - 1924) : C'est l'extase, song for voice & piano (Mélodies de Venise), Op. 58/5
  • Performers: Dalton Baldwin (Piano); Elly Ameling
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1891

>Tosti, Francesco Paolo : A Marechiare
  • Performer: Beniamino Gigli
  • Conductor: Walter Goehr
  • Running Time: 3 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: circa 1870-1915

>Elgar, Edward : Two Pieces, Op. 15 :: 2. Chanson de matin
  • Conductor: Adrian Boult
  • Running Time: 3 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1879-1899

>Liszt, Franz : Grand galop chromatique for Piano, S 219
  • Performer: György Cziffra (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1837

>Gottschalk, Louis M. : Le Banjo, esquisse américaine for piano, Op. 15, D. 15 (RO 22)
  • Performer: Leonard Pennario (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1854-1855

>Debussy, Claude : Clair de lune
  • Performer: Aldo Ciccolini (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1890-1905

>Martini, Jean-Paul-Gilles : Plaisir d'amour, for voice & piano (or orchestra)
  • Performer: Victoria de los Angeles (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Rafae Frühbeck de Burgos
  • Running Time: 3 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1775

>Satie, Erik : Gymnopédies (3) for Piano
  • Performer: Aldo Ciccolini (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1888

>Massenet, Jules : Meditation (from "Thaïs")
  • Performer: Anne-Sophie Mutter (Violin)
  • Conductor: Herbert Karajan
  • Running Time: 6 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic