- Jens Hamann (Bass)
- Walter Testolin (Bass)
- Christoph Genz (Tenor)
- Knut Schoch (Tenor)
- Marie Kuijken (Mezzo Soprano)
- Gerlinde Sämann (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
After profound research of the material - during Bach's lifetime there were four different performances - Kuijken and La Petite Bande made their own version of the St. John Passion and, in the end, the music speaks for itself, whichever original version you use. Transparency is an important factor in this version, and in that way the essence of this music becomes so much clearer!Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Academiezaal, St. Truiden (B) (04/17/2011-04/20/2011).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsBach, Johann Sebastian : Saint John Passion, BWV 245
- Performers: Jens Hamann (Bass); Walter Testolin (Bass); Christoph Genz (Tenor); Knut Schoch (Tenor); Marie Kuijken (Mezzo Soprano); Gerlinde Sämann (Soprano)
- Conductor: Sigiswald Kuijken
- Ensemble: La Petite Bande
- Notes: Academiezaal, St. Truiden (B) (04/17/2011-04/20/2011)
- Running Time: 75 min. 19 sec.
- Period Time: Baroque
- Written: 04/07/1724