1 800 222 6872

Keyboard Manuscript of Antoine Selosse: La Chasse Royale / Terence Charlston

Audio Samples

>Selosse, Antoine : Variations for keyboard on "La Folia" in D minor
>Selosse, Antoine : Ciaccona for keyboard in C major
>Bull, John : King's Hunt, for keyboard, Fvb 135, MB 125
>Selosse, Antoine : Toccata for keyboard in G minor
>Selosse, Antoine : Suite for keyboard in C major
>Selosse, Antoine : Suite for keyboard in F major
>Selosse, Antoine : Chaconne for keyboard in C major
>Selosse, Antoine : Suite in G major
>     Allemande
>Selosse, Antoine : Courante & Variation, for keyboard
>Selosse, Antoine : Courante & Variation for keyboard in G minor
>Selosse, Antoine : Suite for keyboard in D major
>Selosse, Antoine : Toccata for keyboard in C major (for the Vox Humana)
>Selosse, Antoine : The Hunting Lesson for keyboard in G major
>Selosse, Antoine : Fuga "Ite missa est" for keyboard in D major
>Selosse, Antoine : Toccata for keyboard in C major (for the Cornet & Echos)
>Selosse, Antoine : Bergamasca for keyboard in G major
>Selosse, Antoine : Chaconne for keyboard in F major
>Selosse, Antoine : Allemande for keyboard in F major
>Selosse, Antoine : Allemande & Variation for keyboard in G minor
>Selosse, Antoine : Allemandes (2) for keyboard in C minor ("Fitt for the Manicorde")
>Selosse, Antoine : Allemande & Variation for keyboard in F major

Album Summary

>Selosse, Antoine : Variations for keyboard on "La Folia" in D minor
>Selosse, Antoine : Ciaccona for keyboard in C major
>Bull, John : King's Hunt, for keyboard, Fvb 135, MB 125
>Selosse, Antoine : Toccata for keyboard in G minor
>Selosse, Antoine : Suite for keyboard in C major
>Selosse, Antoine : Suite for keyboard in F major
>Selosse, Antoine : Chaconne for keyboard in C major
>Selosse, Antoine : Suite in G major
>Selosse, Antoine : Courante & Variation, for keyboard
>Selosse, Antoine : Courante & Variation for keyboard in G minor
>Selosse, Antoine : Suite for keyboard in D major
>Selosse, Antoine : Toccata for keyboard in C major (for the Vox Humana)
>Selosse, Antoine : The Hunting Lesson for keyboard in G major
>Selosse, Antoine : Fuga "Ite missa est" for keyboard in D major
>Selosse, Antoine : Toccata for keyboard in C major (for the Cornet & Echos)
>Selosse, Antoine : Bergamasca for keyboard in G major
>Selosse, Antoine : Chaconne for keyboard in F major
>Selosse, Antoine : Allemande for keyboard in F major
>Selosse, Antoine : Allemande & Variation for keyboard in G minor
>Selosse, Antoine : Allemandes (2) for keyboard in C minor ("Fitt for the Manicorde")
>Selosse, Antoine : Allemande & Variation for keyboard in F major
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

The keyboard manuscript of Antoine Selosse was discovered by Terence Charlston at a used book stall in London. Recognizing the importance of discovering a manuscript more than 300 years old, Charlston tracked down the compiler to Antoine Selosse, a professor of music at the English College of Saint Omer from 1659 until his death. This 2-CD set is the complete manuscript. It is almost certain that Selosse did not compose all the works in his manuscript.

American Record Guide, November/December 2012
The quality of the music is high. The syncopations in Ciaccona in C are quirky and brilliant. I was charmed by the elegant French Chaconnes. 'The Hunting Lesson' in G is short only of a pack of beagles. Charlston's performance is imaginative and intelligent. His program notes and Dr Leech's are superb.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: St Botolph's Aldgate & Holy Trinity Church, Weston, Hit (2009-06-14&2009-09-03_2009-).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Selosse, Antoine : Variations for keyboard on "La Folia" in D minor
  • Performer: Terence Charlston (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Holy Trinity Church, Weston, Hitchin (09/03/2009-09/04/2009)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Selosse, Antoine : Ciaccona for keyboard in C major
  • Performer: Terence Charlston (Organ)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Bull, John : King's Hunt, for keyboard, Fvb 135, MB 125
  • Performer: Terence Charlston (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Holy Trinity Church, Weston, Hitchin (09/03/2009-09/04/2009)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1600

>Selosse, Antoine : Toccata for keyboard in G minor
  • Performer: Terence Charlston (Organ)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Selosse, Antoine : Suite for keyboard in C major
  • Performer: Terence Charlston (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Holy Trinity Church, Weston, Hitchin (09/03/2009-09/04/2009)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Selosse, Antoine : Suite for keyboard in F major
  • Performer: Terence Charlston (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Holy Trinity Church, Weston, Hitchin (09/03/2009-09/04/2009)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Selosse, Antoine : Chaconne for keyboard in C major
  • Performer: Terence Charlston (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Holy Trinity Church, Weston, Hitchin (09/03/2009-09/04/2009)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Selosse, Antoine : Suite in G major :: Allemande
  • Performer: Terence Charlston (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Holy Trinity Church, Weston, Hitchin (09/03/2009-09/04/2009)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Selosse, Antoine : Courante & Variation, for keyboard
  • Performer: Terence Charlston (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Holy Trinity Church, Weston, Hitchin (09/03/2009-09/04/2009)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Selosse, Antoine : Courante & Variation for keyboard in G minor
  • Performer: Terence Charlston (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Holy Trinity Church, Weston, Hitchin (09/03/2009-09/04/2009)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Selosse, Antoine : Suite for keyboard in D major
  • Performer: Terence Charlston (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Holy Trinity Church, Weston, Hitchin (09/03/2009-09/04/2009)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Selosse, Antoine : Toccata for keyboard in C major (for the Vox Humana)
  • Performer: Terence Charlston (Organ)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Selosse, Antoine : The Hunting Lesson for keyboard in G major
  • Performer: Terence Charlston (Organ)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Selosse, Antoine : Fuga "Ite missa est" for keyboard in D major
  • Performer: Terence Charlston (Organ)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Selosse, Antoine : Toccata for keyboard in C major (for the Cornet & Echos)
  • Performer: Terence Charlston (Organ)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Selosse, Antoine : Bergamasca for keyboard in G major
  • Performer: Terence Charlston (Organ)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Selosse, Antoine : Chaconne for keyboard in F major
  • Performer: Terence Charlston (Organ)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Selosse, Antoine : Suite for keyboard in D major
  • Performer: Terence Charlston (Organ)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Selosse, Antoine : Allemande for keyboard in F major
  • Performer: Terence Charlston (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Holy Trinity Church, Weston, Hitchin (09/03/2009-09/04/2009)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Selosse, Antoine : Allemande & Variation for keyboard in G minor
  • Performer: Terence Charlston (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Holy Trinity Church, Weston, Hitchin (09/03/2009-09/04/2009)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Selosse, Antoine : Allemandes (2) for keyboard in C minor ("Fitt for the Manicorde")
  • Performer: Terence Charlston (Clavichord)
  • Notes: Holy Trinity Church, Weston, Hitchin (09/03/2009-09/04/2009)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Selosse, Antoine : Allemande & Variation for keyboard in F major
  • Performer: Terence Charlston (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Holy Trinity Church, Weston, Hitchin (09/03/2009-09/04/2009)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque