1 800 222 6872

Sounds of the Sea

Audio Samples

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Hebrides Overture, in B minor Op. 26 "Fingal's Cave"
>Khachaturian, Aram : Spartacus
>     Adagio of and Phrygia
>Debussy, Claude : La Mer
>     Dialogue of the Wind and the Sea
>Britten, Benjamin : Peter Grimes
>     Sea Interludes. The Storm
>Wood, Henry [Conductor] : Fantasia on British Sea Songs
>     Sailor's Hornpipe
>Binge, Ronald : Sailing By, for orchestra (theme for BBC Radio 4's Late Night Shipping Forecast)
>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Scheherazade
>     The Sea and Sinbad's Ship
>Elgar, Edward : Sea Pictures
>     Sea Slumber Song
>Ravel, Maurice : Jeux d'eau
>Bax, Arnold [Composer] : Tintagel, tone poem for orchestra
>Dykes, John Bacchus : Eternal father, strong to save "Melita"
>Wagner, Richard : The Flying Dutchman
>     Overture
>Einaudi, Ludovico : Le Onde
>Sullivan, Arthur : The Pirates of Penzance
>     Overture
>McCunn, Hamish : Sutherland's Law (Land of the Mountain and Flood)
>Coates, Eric : By the Sleepy Lagoon
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Calm Sea and Prosperous Voyage Overture, in D major Op. 27
>Debussy, Claude : Petite Suite
>     En Bateau
>Stanford, Charles Villiers : Songs of the Sea, for baritone voice, male chorus & orchestra, no 4, "Homeward Bound" Op. 91/4
>Ravel, Maurice : Miroirs
>     [Excerpt]
>Arne, Thomas A. : Rule, Britannia, for orchestra/band (with voice and/or chorus ad lib)

Album Summary

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Hebrides Overture, in B minor Op. 26 "Fingal's Cave"
>Khachaturian, Aram : Spartacus
>Debussy, Claude : La Mer
>Britten, Benjamin : Peter Grimes
>Wood, Henry [Conductor] : Fantasia on British Sea Songs
>Binge, Ronald : Sailing By, for orchestra (theme for BBC Radio 4's Late Night Shipping Forecast)
>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Scheherazade
>Elgar, Edward : Sea Pictures
>Ravel, Maurice : Jeux d'eau
>Bax, Arnold [Composer] : Tintagel, tone poem for orchestra
>Dykes, John Bacchus : Eternal father, strong to save "Melita"
>Wagner, Richard : The Flying Dutchman
>Einaudi, Ludovico : Le Onde
>Sullivan, Arthur : The Pirates of Penzance
>McCunn, Hamish : Sutherland's Law (Land of the Mountain and Flood)
>Coates, Eric : By the Sleepy Lagoon
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Calm Sea and Prosperous Voyage Overture, in D major Op. 27
>Debussy, Claude : Petite Suite
>Stanford, Charles Villiers : Songs of the Sea, for baritone voice, male chorus & orchestra, no 4, "Homeward Bound" Op. 91/4
>Ravel, Maurice : Miroirs
>Arne, Thomas A. : Rule, Britannia, for orchestra/band (with voice and/or chorus ad lib)
Performers Conductors Ensemble
  • >
Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Hebrides Overture, in B minor Op. 26 "Fingal's Cave"
  • Conductor: Frans Brüggen
  • Notes: Composition written: 12/11/1830.
  • Running Time: 9 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 12/11/1830

>Khachaturian, Aram : Spartacus :: Adagio of and Phrygia
  • Conductor: Aram Khachaturian
  • Notes: Composition written: 1950-54.
  • Running Time: 9 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Ballet
  • Written: 1950-1954

>Debussy, Claude : La Mer :: Dialogue of the Wind and the Sea
  • Conductor: Ernest Ansermet
  • Running Time: 7 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1903-1905

>Britten, Benjamin : Peter Grimes :: Sea Interludes. The Storm
  • Conductor: Benjamin Britten
  • Running Time: 4 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1945

>Wood, Henry [Conductor] : Fantasia on British Sea Songs :: Sailor's Hornpipe
  • Conductor: Barry Wordsworth
  • Running Time: 2 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Binge, Ronald : Sailing By, for orchestra (theme for BBC Radio 4's Late Night Shipping Forecast)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1963

>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Scheherazade :: The Sea and Sinbad's Ship
  • Conductor: Valery Gergiev
  • Running Time: 10 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1888

>Elgar, Edward : Sea Pictures :: Sea Slumber Song
  • Performer: Della Jones (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Conductor: Charles Mackerras
  • Running Time: 5 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1897-1899

>Ravel, Maurice : Jeux d'eau
  • Performer: Nadia Cole (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1901

>Bax, Arnold [Composer] : Tintagel, tone poem for orchestra
  • Conductor: Adrian Boult
  • Running Time: 13 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1917-1919

>Dykes, John Bacchus : Eternal father, strong to save "Melita"
  • Conductor: Maurice Vinden
  • Running Time: 3 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Choral

>Wagner, Richard : The Flying Dutchman :: Overture
  • Conductor: Giuseppe Sinopoli
  • Running Time: 10 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1841

>Einaudi, Ludovico : Le Onde
  • Performer: Myleene Klass (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Sullivan, Arthur : The Pirates of Penzance :: Overture
  • Conductor: Isidore Godfrey
  • Running Time: 8 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1879

>McCunn, Hamish : Sutherland's Law (Land of the Mountain and Flood)
  • Conductor: Grant Llewellyn
  • Running Time: 8 min. 38 sec.

>Coates, Eric : By the Sleepy Lagoon
  • Conductor: Frank Chacksfield
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1930

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Calm Sea and Prosperous Voyage Overture, in D major Op. 27
  • Conductor: Bernard Haitink
  • Running Time: 12 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: circa 05/1828

>Debussy, Claude : Petite Suite :: En Bateau
  • Conductor: Ernest Ansermet
  • Running Time: 3 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1888-1889

>Stanford, Charles Villiers : Songs of the Sea, for baritone voice, male chorus & orchestra, no 4, "Homeward Bound" Op. 91/4
  • Conductor: Roger Norrington
  • Running Time: 6 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1904

>Ravel, Maurice : Miroirs :: [Excerpt]
  • Performer: Werner Haas (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1904-1905

>Arne, Thomas A. : Rule, Britannia, for orchestra/band (with voice and/or chorus ad lib)
  • Conductor: Barry Wordsworth
  • Running Time: 4 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1740