1 800 222 6872

Land Of The Free, Vol. 1 / Music From The US Army Band "Perishing's Own"

Audio Samples

>Murtha, Paul : Heroic Fanfare
>Grafulla, Claudio S. : Washington Grays
>Stravinsky, Igor : Firebird Suite
>     [Excerpt]
>Traditional, American : Garryowen, for chorus & band (1st Cavalry) (after a traditional Irish melody)
>Grieg, Edvard : Holberg Suite
>     Mvt. 1
>     Mvt. 2
>Henson, Joseph : Hmm, for band
>Brough, Regan : Kelli's Number, for band
>Glinka, Mikhail : Russlan & Ludmilla
>     [Excerpt]
>Ward, Samuel Augustus : America the Beautiful
>Breedlove, Graham : Voodoo Boogaloo, for band
>Traditional, American : Just a Closer Walk with Thee
>O'Brien, Lucius : Benny Havens, Oh!, West Point army song
>Traditional, Scottish : Auld Lang Syne
>Gruber, Edmund L. : The Caissons Go Rolling Along, official song of the United States Army
>Lavigne, Avril : Complicated
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Stars and Stripes Forever, march for band

Album Summary

>Murtha, Paul : Heroic Fanfare
>Grafulla, Claudio S. : Washington Grays
>Stravinsky, Igor : Firebird Suite
>Traditional, American : Garryowen, for chorus & band (1st Cavalry) (after a traditional Irish melody)
>Grieg, Edvard : Holberg Suite
>Henson, Joseph : Hmm, for band
>Brough, Regan : Kelli's Number, for band
>Glinka, Mikhail : Russlan & Ludmilla
>Ward, Samuel Augustus : America the Beautiful
>Breedlove, Graham : Voodoo Boogaloo, for band
>Traditional, American : Just a Closer Walk with Thee
>O'Brien, Lucius : Benny Havens, Oh!, West Point army song
>Traditional, Scottish : Auld Lang Syne
>Gruber, Edmund L. : The Caissons Go Rolling Along, official song of the United States Army
>Lavigne, Avril : Complicated
>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Stars and Stripes Forever, march for band
Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Land of the Free offers a sampling of each of the eight official musical elements and numerous chamber ensembles of the United States Army Band "Pershing's Own." On this recording you will hear the Army Chorus, Herald Trumpets, Army Blues, Concert Band, Army Strings, pop/rock group Downrange, and Dixieland Jazz ensemble Swamp Romp. This is a great collection of the U.S. Army Band's finest. Since 1922, "Pershing's Own" has been the premiere musical organization of the U.S. Army, and continues to play an important role in events of national and international significance, home and abroad.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Murtha, Paul : Heroic Fanfare
  • Ensemble: The United States Army Herald Trumpets
  • Running Time: 1 min. 1 sec.

>Grafulla, Claudio S. : Washington Grays
  • Running Time: 4 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1873

>Stravinsky, Igor : Firebird Suite :: [Excerpt]
  • Running Time: 12 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1945

>Traditional, American : Garryowen, for chorus & band (1st Cavalry) (after a traditional Irish melody)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 23 sec.

>Grieg, Edvard : Holberg Suite :: Mvt. 1
  • Running Time: 2 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1885

>Grieg, Edvard : Holberg Suite :: Mvt. 2
  • Running Time: 4 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1885

>Henson, Joseph : Hmm, for band
  • Running Time: 6 min. 35 sec.

>Brough, Regan : Kelli's Number, for band
  • Running Time: 6 min. 5 sec.

>Glinka, Mikhail : Russlan & Ludmilla :: [Excerpt]
  • Running Time: 4 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1837-1842

>Ward, Samuel Augustus : America the Beautiful
  • Running Time: 1 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1895

>Breedlove, Graham : Voodoo Boogaloo, for band
  • Running Time: 5 min. 27 sec.

>Traditional, American : Just a Closer Walk with Thee
  • Running Time: 4 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 18th Century

>O'Brien, Lucius : Benny Havens, Oh!, West Point army song
  • Running Time: 3 min. 44 sec.
  • Written: 1838

>Traditional, Scottish : Auld Lang Syne
  • Running Time: 1 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1797

>Gruber, Edmund L. : The Caissons Go Rolling Along, official song of the United States Army
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1908

>Lavigne, Avril : Complicated
  • Running Time: 4 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Sousa, John P. [Composer] : The Stars and Stripes Forever, march for band
  • Running Time: 3 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1896