1 800 222 6872

Welsh Male Voice Choir Tradition - Welsh and English Songs / Morriston Orpheus

Audio Samples

>Welsh Traditional : Land of My Fathers, song
>Chudleigh-Chandish, C.F. : The Song of the Jolly Roger, for men's chorus
>Hughes, Arwel : Tydi A Roddaist for chorus & orchestra
>Traditional Spiritual : Roll, Jordan, Roll, spiritual
>Welsh Traditional : Cadair Idris
>Welsh Traditional : Ar Hyd y Nos (All Through the Night), folk song
>Jones, Mai : We'll Keep a Welcome
>Richards, Henry Brinley : God Bless the Prince of Wales
>Parry, Joseph : Aberystwyth
>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (5) for voice & piano, Op. 49
>     Wiegenlied, Op. 49/4
>Verdi, Giuseppe : Nabucco
>     Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves
>Jones, Hugh Griffith : Llef, for chorus, organ & piano
>Sullivan, Arthur : The long day closes, for 4 male voices (from "7 Partsongs")
>James, Evan : Hen wlad fy nhadau (National Anthem, Wales)
>Welsh Traditional : Rhyfelgyrch Gwyr Harlech
>Welsh Traditional : Cyfri'r geifr (Counting the Goats), folk song
>Evans, David Pughe : Y delen Aur (The Golden Harp), for chorus
>Parry, Joseph : Myfanwy
>Owens, David : Dafydd y Garreg Wen (David of the White Rock)
>Hatton, John Liptrot : When ev'ning's twilight
>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : Linden Lea

Album Summary

>Welsh Traditional : Land of My Fathers, song
>Chudleigh-Chandish, C.F. : The Song of the Jolly Roger, for men's chorus
>Hughes, Arwel : Tydi A Roddaist for chorus & orchestra
>Traditional Spiritual : Roll, Jordan, Roll, spiritual
>Welsh Traditional : Cadair Idris
>Welsh Traditional : Ar Hyd y Nos (All Through the Night), folk song
>Jones, Mai : We'll Keep a Welcome
>Richards, Henry Brinley : God Bless the Prince of Wales
>Parry, Joseph : Aberystwyth
>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (5) for voice & piano, Op. 49
>Verdi, Giuseppe : Nabucco
>Jones, Hugh Griffith : Llef, for chorus, organ & piano
>Sullivan, Arthur : The long day closes, for 4 male voices (from "7 Partsongs")
>James, Evan : Hen wlad fy nhadau (National Anthem, Wales)
>Welsh Traditional : Rhyfelgyrch Gwyr Harlech
>Welsh Traditional : Cyfri'r geifr (Counting the Goats), folk song
>Evans, David Pughe : Y delen Aur (The Golden Harp), for chorus
>Parry, Joseph : Myfanwy
>Owens, David : Dafydd y Garreg Wen (David of the White Rock)
>Hatton, John Liptrot : When ev'ning's twilight
>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : Linden Lea
Conductor Ensemble
  • >
Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Welsh Traditional : Land of My Fathers, song
  • Conductor: Ivor Sims
  • Running Time: 1 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Chudleigh-Chandish, C.F. : The Song of the Jolly Roger, for men's chorus
  • Conductor: Ivor Sims
  • Running Time: 2 min. 11 sec.

>Hughes, Arwel : Tydi A Roddaist for chorus & orchestra
  • Conductor: Ivor Sims
  • Running Time: 4 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Traditional Spiritual : Roll, Jordan, Roll, spiritual
  • Conductor: Ivor Sims
  • Running Time: 2 min. 28 sec.

>Welsh Traditional : Cadair Idris
  • Conductor: Ivor Sims
  • Running Time: 3 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Welsh Traditional : Ar Hyd y Nos (All Through the Night), folk song
  • Conductor: Ivor Sims
  • Running Time: 3 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: by 1784

>Jones, Mai : We'll Keep a Welcome
  • Conductor: Ivor Sims
  • Running Time: 2 min. 17 sec.

>Richards, Henry Brinley : God Bless the Prince of Wales
  • Conductor: Ivor Sims
  • Running Time: 3 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Parry, Joseph : Aberystwyth
  • Conductor: Ivor Sims
  • Running Time: 2 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (5) for voice & piano, Op. 49 :: Wiegenlied, Op. 49/4
  • Conductor: Ivor Sims
  • Running Time: 2 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1868

>Verdi, Giuseppe : Nabucco :: Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves
  • Conductor: Ivor Sims
  • Running Time: 3 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1842

>Jones, Hugh Griffith : Llef, for chorus, organ & piano
  • Conductor: Ivor Sims
  • Running Time: 2 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Choral

>Sullivan, Arthur : The long day closes, for 4 male voices (from "7 Partsongs")
  • Conductor: Ivor Sims
  • Running Time: 3 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>James, Evan : Hen wlad fy nhadau (National Anthem, Wales)
  • Conductor: Ivor Sims
  • Notes: This work was written in collaboration with James James.
  • Running Time: 2 min. 4 sec.
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1856

>Welsh Traditional : Rhyfelgyrch Gwyr Harlech
  • Conductor: Ivor Sims
  • Running Time: 3 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Welsh Traditional : Cyfri'r geifr (Counting the Goats), folk song
  • Conductor: Ivor Sims
  • Running Time: 2 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Evans, David Pughe : Y delen Aur (The Golden Harp), for chorus
  • Conductor: Ivor Sims
  • Running Time: 4 min. 1 sec.

>Parry, Joseph : Myfanwy
  • Conductor: Ivor Sims
  • Running Time: 4 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Owens, David : Dafydd y Garreg Wen (David of the White Rock)
  • Conductor: Ivor Sims
  • Running Time: 2 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Hatton, John Liptrot : When ev'ning's twilight
  • Conductor: Ivor Sims
  • Running Time: 2 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Vaughan Williams, Ralph : Linden Lea
  • Conductor: Ivor Sims
  • Notes: Composition written: 1901.
  • Running Time: 3 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1901