1 800 222 6872

Camille Saint-Saëns: Samson et Dalila à l'église / La Lyre Sérophique

Audio Samples

>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Rapsodies (3) sur des cantiques bretons, Op. 7
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Ave Maria, motet for 2 altos & organ in A major
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Elévation, ou Communion, for organ or harmonium in E major, Op. 13
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Ave verum, motet for soprano, alto & organ in B minor
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Offertoire (Sarabande), for organ or harmonium in D major
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Inviolata, motet for alto & organ in D major
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : O salutaris, motet for soprano, alto, baritone & organ in A flat major
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Interlude fugué, for organ or harmonium in G minor
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Tantum ergo, motet for 2 sopranos, alto, organ & chorus ad lib in E flat major
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Preludes for organ
>     Præludium en ut mineur
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Sub tuum, motet for soprano, alto & organ in F minor
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Deus Abraham, motet for alto & organ in F major

Album Summary

>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Rapsodies (3) sur des cantiques bretons, Op. 7
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Ave Maria, motet for 2 altos & organ in A major
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Elévation, ou Communion, for organ or harmonium in E major, Op. 13
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Ave verum, motet for soprano, alto & organ in B minor
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Offertoire (Sarabande), for organ or harmonium in D major
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Inviolata, motet for alto & organ in D major
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : O salutaris, motet for soprano, alto, baritone & organ in A flat major
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Interlude fugué, for organ or harmonium in G minor
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Tantum ergo, motet for 2 sopranos, alto, organ & chorus ad lib in E flat major
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Preludes for organ
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Sub tuum, motet for soprano, alto & organ in F minor
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Deus Abraham, motet for alto & organ in F major
Performers Conductor Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

The motets for solo voices by Camille Saint-Saëns represent a little known, yet quite engaging, aspect of his work. Written for the church of the Madeleine, where Saint-Saëns admitted to having spent "the finest moments of his existence," they are a manifesto of his conception of church music: simplicity with lyricism, sparse writing but without dryness, tact and balance conveyed by his consummate art of treating voices. The soloists of La Lyre Séraphique regale us with several masterpieces: Ave Maria, Inviolata, and Deus Abraham for soprano solo recorded for the first time on disc, which deserves a place amongst Saint-Saëns' most beautiful triumphs.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Rapsodies (3) sur des cantiques bretons, Op. 7
  • Performer: Vincent Genvrin (Organ)
  • Conductor: Vincent Genvrin
  • Ensemble: La Lyre Sérophique
  • Running Time: 20 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1866

>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Ave Maria, motet for 2 altos & organ in A major
  • Performer: Vincent Genvrin (Organ)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1860

>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Rapsodies (3) sur des cantiques bretons, Op. 7
  • Performer: Vincent Genvrin (Organ)
  • Running Time: 20 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1866

>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Elévation, ou Communion, for organ or harmonium in E major, Op. 13
  • Performer: Vincent Genvrin (Organ)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1859

>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Ave verum, motet for soprano, alto & organ in B minor
  • Performer: Vincent Genvrin (Organ)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: circa 1863

>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Offertoire (Sarabande), for organ or harmonium in D major
  • Performer: Vincent Genvrin (Organ)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1859

>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Inviolata, motet for alto & organ in D major
  • Performer: Vincent Genvrin (Organ)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1865

>Saint-Saëns, Camille : O salutaris, motet for soprano, alto, baritone & organ in A flat major
  • Performer: Vincent Genvrin (Organ)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1869

>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Interlude fugué, for organ or harmonium in G minor
  • Performer: Vincent Genvrin (Organ)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1856

>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Tantum ergo, motet for 2 sopranos, alto, organ & chorus ad lib in E flat major
  • Performer: Vincent Genvrin (Organ)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: circa 1860

>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Preludes for organ :: Præludium en ut mineur
  • Performer: Vincent Genvrin (Organ)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1898

>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Sub tuum, motet for soprano, alto & organ in F minor
  • Performer: Vincent Genvrin (Organ)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1860

>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Rapsodies (3) sur des cantiques bretons, Op. 7
  • Performer: Vincent Genvrin (Organ)
  • Running Time: 20 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1866

>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Deus Abraham, motet for alto & organ in F major
  • Performers: Vincent Genvrin (Organ); Francoise Masset (Voice)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1885