1 800 222 6872

A Romantic Songbook - Songs by Loewe, Mendelssohn, Schubert and Schumann / Thomas Quasthoff, baritone; Justus Zeyen, piano

Album Summary

>Schubert, Franz : Frühlingsglaube ("Die Linden Lüfte"), song for voice & piano (3 versions), D. 686 (Op. 20/2)
>Schubert, Franz : Heidenröslein ("Sah ein Knab..."), song for voice & piano, D. 257 (Op. 3/3)
>Schubert, Franz : Die Forelle ("In einem Bächlein helle"), song for voice & piano, D. 550 (Op. 32)
>Schubert, Franz : Im Frühling ("Still sitz ich"), song for voice & piano, D. 882
>Schubert, Franz : Auf der Bruck, D 853
>Schubert, Franz : Im Abendrot ("O, wie schön ist deine Welt"), song for voice & piano, D. 799
>Schubert, Franz : Ungeduld ("Ich schnitt' es gern"), song for voice & piano (Die schöne Müllerin), D. 795/7 (Op. 25/7)
>Schumann, Robert : Belsazar ("Die Mitternacht zog näher schon"), ballad for voice & piano, Op. 57
>Schumann, Robert : Myrthen, Op. 25
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Frühlingsglaube ("Die linden Lüfte sind erwacht"), song for voice & piano, Op. 9/8
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Auf Flügeln des Gesanges (On Wings of Song), song for voice & piano, Op. 34/2
>Wolf, Hugo : Auf einer Wanderung ("In ein freudliches Städtchen"), song for voice & piano (Mörike Lieder)
>Wolf, Hugo : Der Genesene an die Hoffnung ("Tödlich graute mir der Morgen"), song for voice & piano (Mörike Liede
>Wolf, Hugo : Storchenbotschaft ("Des Schäfers sein Haus"), song for voice & piano (Mörike Lieder)
>Loewe, Carl : Odins Meeresritt, Op. 118
>Loewe, Carl : Herr Oluf (Lord Oluf), for voice & piano, Op. 2/2
>Loewe, Carl : Tom der Reimer, Op. 135a
>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (8), Op. 10
>Strauss, Richard : Allerseelen, Op. 10 no 8
>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (4), Op. 27
>Traditional, Irish : Londonderry Air (Danny Boy), folk song
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

First Choice features top artists - in the first batch, Claudio Abbado, the Emerson String Quartet, Helene Grimaud, Herbert von Karajan, James Levine, Anna Netrebko, Itzahak Perlman, Trevor Pinnock, Gil Shaham, Bryn Terfel and Krystian Zimerman - performing great music in best-selling and benchmark recordings from the last 30 years.

The look is fresh, modern, easy to grasp: original album covers newly presented in a Polaroid-style frame, with series blurb on spine "Original Album Series". The Polaroid look is carried through in the booklet layout and forms the basis of the entire product image. Each release comes with new liner notes on the artist and recordings by expert authors and critics.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Bavaria Musikstudios, Munich (11/2003).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Schubert, Franz : Frühlingsglaube ("Die Linden Lüfte"), song for voice & piano (3 versions), D. 686 (Op. 20/2)
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1820-1822

>Schubert, Franz : Heidenröslein ("Sah ein Knab..."), song for voice & piano, D. 257 (Op. 3/3)
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 08/19/1815

>Schubert, Franz : Die Forelle ("In einem Bächlein helle"), song for voice & piano, D. 550 (Op. 32)
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1817

>Schubert, Franz : Im Frühling ("Still sitz ich"), song for voice & piano, D. 882
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 03/1826

>Schubert, Franz : Auf der Bruck, D 853
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 08/1825

>Schubert, Franz : Im Abendrot ("O, wie schön ist deine Welt"), song for voice & piano, D. 799
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: ?1824

>Schubert, Franz : Ungeduld ("Ich schnitt' es gern"), song for voice & piano (Die schöne Müllerin), D. 795/7 (Op. 25/7)
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1823

>Schumann, Robert : Belsazar ("Die Mitternacht zog näher schon"), ballad for voice & piano, Op. 57
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1840

>Schumann, Robert : Myrthen, Op. 25
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1840.
  • Running Time: 2 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1840

>Schumann, Robert : Myrthen, Op. 25
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1840

>Schumann, Robert : Myrthen, Op. 25
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1840

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Frühlingsglaube ("Die linden Lüfte sind erwacht"), song for voice & piano, Op. 9/8
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 01/19/1830

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Auf Flügeln des Gesanges (On Wings of Song), song for voice & piano, Op. 34/2
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 10/01/1835

>Wolf, Hugo : Auf einer Wanderung ("In ein freudliches Städtchen"), song for voice & piano (Mörike Lieder)
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 03/1888

>Wolf, Hugo : Der Genesene an die Hoffnung ("Tödlich graute mir der Morgen"), song for voice & piano (Mörike Liede
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 03/06/1888

>Wolf, Hugo : Storchenbotschaft ("Des Schäfers sein Haus"), song for voice & piano (Mörike Lieder)
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 03/27/1888

>Loewe, Carl : Odins Meeresritt, Op. 118
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1851

>Loewe, Carl : Herr Oluf (Lord Oluf), for voice & piano, Op. 2/2
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal

>Loewe, Carl : Tom der Reimer, Op. 135a
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1860

>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (8), Op. 10
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1885

>Strauss, Richard : Allerseelen, Op. 10 no 8
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1885

>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (4), Op. 27
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1894

>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (4), Op. 27
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1894

>Traditional, Irish : Londonderry Air (Danny Boy), folk song
  • Performers: Thomas Quasthoff (Bass Baritone); Justus Zeyen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: by 1855