1 800 222 6872

Pianist Alexandra Dariescu plays Schumann: "Abegg" variations; Liszt: Ballade no 2; Chopin: Ballade Op. 52 et al.

Audio Samples

>Schumann, Robert : Theme and Variations for Piano on the name ABEGG, Op. 1
>Liszt, Franz : Ballade for Piano no 2 in B minor, S 171
>Liszt, Franz : Isolde's "Liebestod" from Wagner's "Tristan", S 447
>     Schluászene aus Tristan und Isolde, transcription for piano (after Wagner), S. 4
>Chopin, Frédéric : Grande Polonaise Brillante in E-flat Major, Op. 22
>Chopin, Frédéric : Ballade for Piano no 4 in F minor, B 146/Op. 52

Album Summary

>Schumann, Robert : Theme and Variations for Piano on the name ABEGG, Op. 1
>Liszt, Franz : Ballade for Piano no 2 in B minor, S 171
>Liszt, Franz : Isolde's "Liebestod" from Wagner's "Tristan", S 447
>Chopin, Frédéric : Grande Polonaise Brillante in E-flat Major, Op. 22
>Chopin, Frédéric : Ballade for Piano no 4 in F minor, B 146/Op. 52
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Young Romanian pianist Alexandra Dariescu makes her Champs Hill debut in a brilliant recital of Schumann, Chopin, and Liszt works for solo piano. A former YCAT artist, Verbier Academy Laureate, and recipient of the Romanian Ambassador's prize, this up and coming young pianist shows she's much more than chops in a challenging recital that highlights both the foundations and the mature flowering of Romantic piano composition. The opening of a musical conversation that warmly invites a response from the listener.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Music Room, Champs Hill, West Sussex, UK (09/05/2011-09/07/2011).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Schumann, Robert : Theme and Variations for Piano on the name ABEGG, Op. 1
  • Performer: Alexandra Dariescu (Piano)
  • Notes: Music Room, Champs Hill, West Sussex, UK (09/05/2011-09/07/2011)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1830

>Liszt, Franz : Ballade for Piano no 2 in B minor, S 171
  • Performer: Alexandra Dariescu (Piano)
  • Notes: Music Room, Champs Hill, West Sussex, UK (09/05/2011-09/07/2011)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1853

>Liszt, Franz : Isolde's "Liebestod" from Wagner's "Tristan", S 447 :: Schluászene aus Tristan und Isolde, transcription for piano (after Wagner), S. 4
  • Performer: Alexandra Dariescu (Piano)
  • Notes: Music Room, Champs Hill, West Sussex, UK (09/05/2011-09/07/2011)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1867

>Frédéric Chopin (1810 - 1849) : Grande Polonaise Brillante in E-flat Major, Op. 22
  • Performer: Alexandra Dariescu (Piano)
  • Notes: Music Room, Champs Hill, West Sussex, UK (09/05/2011-09/07/2011)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1830-1835

>Frédéric Chopin (1810 - 1849) : Ballade for Piano no 4 in F minor, B 146/Op. 52
  • Performer: Alexandra Dariescu (Piano)
  • Notes: Music Room, Champs Hill, West Sussex, UK (09/05/2011-09/07/2011)
  • Running Time: 11 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1842-1843