- Laurent Laberdesque
- Julie Pasturaud
- Fabrice Falco
- Arnaud Guillou
- Anne Mason (Soprano)
- Simon Bailey (Bass)
- Andre Heyboer
- Magali Léger (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
At the beginning of Kafka's novella, the metamorphosis has already taken place. Now there is only ordeal. The choice made by Michaël Levinas, to represent what cannot be represented, is fascinating. A Lille Opera production.
Gramophone Magazine, November 2012
In this short but expansively expressive opera, transformation is never one way: dramatically, dream is constantly morphing into nightmare and back...the eight-strong cast of singers seems utterly assured...the five 'madrigals' of the opera proper should serve as an intriguing test case for anyone suspecting that Kafka's early-20th-century brand of broad-brush surrealism might be past its sell-by date.
Recording information: Opéra de Lille (03/11/2011/03/13/2011).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMichaël Levinas (1949 - ) : La Métamorphose, opera
- Performers: Laurent Laberdesque; Julie Pasturaud; Fabrice Falco; Arnaud Guillou; Anne Mason (Soprano); Magali Léger (Soprano); Simon Bailey (Bass); Andre Heyboer
- Conductor: Georgea Octors
- Ensemble: Ensemble Ictus
- Notes: Opéra de Lille (03/11/2011/03/13/2011)
- Running Time: 76 min. 35 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 2011