1 800 222 6872

Main Gauche - Pieces for the piano left hand by Blumenfeld, Bonimici, Debussy, Dubé, Foote, Moszkowski, Ponce, Sancan, Schubert et al / Jean Dubé: piano

Audio Samples

>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Etudes (6) for piano, left hand, Op. 135
>     4. Bourée
>     5. Elegie
>     6. Gigue
>Scriabin, Alexander : Pieces (2) for Piano left hand, Op. 9
>Scriabin, Alexander : Nocturne for piano in D flat major (for left hand alone), Op. 9/2
>Bortkiewicz, Serge : Epithalame, for piano (left hand), Op. 65/3
>Sancan, Pierre : Caprice romantique, for piano
>Dube Jean : A smile like a sunshine, for piano (left hand)
>Bonimici, Ferdinando : Etude for piano (left hand), Op. 273/3
>Gabrilowitsch, Ossip : Etude for piano (left hand), Op. 12/2
>Ponce, Manuel : A pesar de todo, danza for the left hand
>Maasalo, Armas : Au crepuscule, for piano
>Sibelius, Jean : Romance for Strings in C major, Op. 42
>Zichy, Geza : Viennese Pranks, for piano, left hand
>Schubert, Franz : An den Frühling, D 338
>Moszkowski, Moritz : Etude for piano in D flat major, Op. 92/11
>Debussy, Claude : Children's Corner
>Foote, Arthur : Romanze for piano (left hand), Op. 37/3
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Etude for piano (left hand), Op. 36

Album Summary

>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Etudes (6) for piano, left hand, Op. 135
>Scriabin, Alexander : Pieces (2) for Piano left hand, Op. 9
>Scriabin, Alexander : Nocturne for piano in D flat major (for left hand alone), Op. 9/2
>Bortkiewicz, Serge : Epithalame, for piano (left hand), Op. 65/3
>Sancan, Pierre : Caprice romantique, for piano
>Dube Jean : A smile like a sunshine, for piano (left hand)
>Bonimici, Ferdinando : Etude for piano (left hand), Op. 273/3
>Gabrilowitsch, Ossip : Etude for piano (left hand), Op. 12/2
>Ponce, Manuel : A pesar de todo, danza for the left hand
>Maasalo, Armas : Au crepuscule, for piano
>Sibelius, Jean : Romance for Strings in C major, Op. 42
>Zichy, Geza : Viennese Pranks, for piano, left hand
>Schubert, Franz : An den Frühling, D 338
>Moszkowski, Moritz : Etude for piano in D flat major, Op. 92/11
>Debussy, Claude : Children's Corner
>Foote, Arthur : Romanze for piano (left hand), Op. 37/3
>Blumenfeld, Felix : Etude for piano (left hand), Op. 36
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Jean Dubé, 30 years old, is internationally recognized as one of the most important young pianists today, much appreciated for his musicality and power. He has been playing all over the world since he was four, and won his Steinway piano at the age of nine during the national competition "Young Mozart Prodigies in Paris." There are already at least 30 recordings in his discography, of which at least 20 were released with Syrius and Naxos. He is one of the rare pianists in the world who is capable of playing Ligeti's piano concerto, and - in the course of one recital - Messiaen's "Vingt Regards sur l'Enfant Jésus."

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Studio Acoustique, Passavant (10/2011).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Camille Saint-Saëns (1835 - 1921) : Études (6) for piano, left hand, Op. 135 :: 4. Bourée
  • Performer: Jean Dubé (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1912

>Camille Saint-Saëns (1835 - 1921) : Études (6) for piano, left hand, Op. 135 :: 5. Elegie
  • Performer: Jean Dubé (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1912

>Camille Saint-Saëns (1835 - 1921) : Études (6) for piano, left hand, Op. 135 :: 6. Gigue
  • Performer: Jean Dubé (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1912

>Scriabin, Alexander : Pieces (2) for Piano left hand, Op. 9
  • Performer: Jean Dubé (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1894

>Scriabin, Alexander : Nocturne for piano in D flat major (for left hand alone), Op. 9/2
  • Performer: Jean Dubé (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1894

>Bortkiewicz, Serge : Epithalame, for piano (left hand), Op. 65/3
  • Performer: Jean Dubé (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Sancan, Pierre : Caprice romantique, for piano
  • Performer: Jean Dubé (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Jean Dubé : A smile like a sunshine, for piano (left hand)
  • Performer: Jean Dubé (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 10/13/2008-10/14/2008.
  • Running Time: 4 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Bonimici, Ferdinando : Etude for piano (left hand), Op. 273/3
  • Performer: Jean Dubé (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Gabrilowitsch, Ossip : Etude for piano (left hand), Op. 12/2
  • Performer: Jean Dubé (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Ponce, Manuel : A pesar de todo, danza for the left hand
  • Performer: Jean Dubé (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Maasalo, Armas : Au crépuscule, for piano
  • Performer: Jean Dubé (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Sibelius, Jean : Romance for Strings in C major, Op. 42
  • Performer: Jean Dubé (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1904

>Géza Zichy (1845 - 1924) : Viennese Pranks, for piano, left hand
  • Performer: Jean Dubé (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Schubert, Franz : An den Frühling, D 338
  • Performer: Jean Dubé (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1815

>Moszkowski, Moritz : Etude for piano in D flat major, Op. 92/11
  • Performer: Jean Dubé (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Debussy, Claude : Children's Corner
  • Performer: Jean Dubé (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1906-1908

>Foote, Arthur : Romanze for piano (left hand), Op. 37/3
  • Performer: Jean Dubé (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Blumenfeld, Felix : Etude for piano (left hand), Op. 36
  • Performer: Jean Dubé (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1905