1 800 222 6872

Domenico Scarlatti: Pur Nel Sonno; La Dirindina / Brian Shircliffe; Jamie Barton, Joseph Gaines [Blu-ray audio]

You may experience problems playing the sound clips on this page. We are aware of this problem and are working on it.
> La Dirindina - Sinfonia: Minuet
> La Dirindina - Part I Scene 1: Recitative: Signora Dirindina (Don Carissimo, Dirindina)
> La Dirindina - Part I Scene 1: Aria: Vo' cantar come a voi piace (Dirindina)
> La Dirindina - Part I Scene 1: Recitative: E questo basta a me (Don Carissimo, Dirindina, Liscione)
> La Dirindina - Part I Scene 1: Aria: Sola voi? (Don Carissimo)
> La Dirindina - Part I Scene 1: Recitative: Sola, signora si, sola benissimo! (Liscione, Don Carissimo, Dirindina)
> La Dirindina - Part I Scene 1: Trio: Commar Dirindina (Don Carissimo, Dirindina, Liscione)
> Sonata in G minor, K.88/L.36/P.8 - I. Grave
> Sonata in G minor, K.88/L.36/P.8 - II. Andante moderato
> Sonata in G minor, K.88/L.36/P.8 - III. Allegro
> Sonata in G minor, K.88/L.36/P.8 - IV. Minuet
> La Dirindina - Part II Scene 1: Ma il vostro sentimento (Dirindina, Liscione)
> La Dirindina - Part II Scene 1: Queste vostre pupillette (Liscione)
> La Dirindina - Part II Scene 1: Recitative: Di voi mi fido (Dirindina, Liscione)
> La Dirindina - Part II Scene 1: Aria: A un amante (Dirindina)
> La Dirindina - Part II Scene 1: Recitative: Ma quellche piu pillota (Liscione, Dirindina, Don Carissimo)
> La Dirindina - Part II Scene 1: Trio: Dammi la na Liscione (Don Carissimo, Liscione, Dirindina)
> Solo Sonata in G major, K.91/L.176/P.11 - I. Grave
> Solo Sonata in G major, K.91/L.176/P.11 - II. Allegro
> Solo Sonata in G major, K.91/L.176/P.11 - III. Grave
> Solo Sonata in G major, K.91/L.176/P.11 - IV. Allegro
> Pur nel sonno almen tal'ora - Introduzione alla Cantata
> Pur nel sonno almen tal'ora - Minuetto
> Pur nel sonno almen tal'ora - Aria: Pur nel sonno almen tal'ora vien colei
> Pur nel sonno almen tal'ora - Recitativo: Pria dall'aurora o Fille, io sognando ti vidi
> Pur nel sonno almen tal'ora - Aria: Parti con l'ombra e ver l'inganno et il piacer

Album Summary

>Scarlatti, Domenico : La Dirindina, intermezzo in 2 parts for 3 voices & orchestra
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Vln/Mandolin and Basso Continuo in G minor, K 88
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Violin and Harpsichord in G major, K 91/L 176
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Pur nel sonno almen tal'ora, chamber cantata for soprano, 2 violins & continuo
Performers Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Sono Luminus is proud to release this latest breathtaking project from Ars Lyrica, Domenico Scarlatti's La Dirindina and Pur nel sonno. The package will be a 2-disc set, containing a Blu-ray™ Surround Sound disc as well as a standard CD. Founded in 1998 by harpsichordist and conductor Matthew Dirst, Ars Lyrica Houston offers world-class performances of music from the 17th and 18th centuries on period instruments. This CD follows their previous release on Sono Luminus, Marc' Antonio e Cleopatra which was hailed by Early Music America as "a thrilling performance that glows in its quieter moments and sparkles with vitality," and was nominated for a GRAMMY® Award for Best Opera 2011.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Scarlatti, Domenico : La Dirindina, intermezzo in 2 parts for 3 voices & orchestra
  • Ensemble: Ars Lyrica Houston
  • Notes: Zilkha Hall, Hobby Center for the Performing Arts, Houston, U.S.A (09/06/2011-09/07/2011)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1714

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Vln/Mandolin and Basso Continuo in G minor, K 88
  • Ensemble: Ars Lyrica Houston
  • Running Time: 8 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : La Dirindina, intermezzo in 2 parts for 3 voices & orchestra
  • Performers: Joseph Gaines; Jamie Barton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Ensemble: Ars Lyrica Houston
  • Notes: Zilkha Hall, Hobby Center for the Performing Arts, Houston, U.S.A (09/06/2011-09/07/2011)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1714

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Violin and Harpsichord in G major, K 91/L 176
  • Ensemble: Ars Lyrica Houston
  • Running Time: 15 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Pur nel sonno almen tal'ora, chamber cantata for soprano, 2 violins & continuo
  • Performer: Céline Ricci (Voice)
  • Ensemble: Ars Lyrica Houston
  • Notes: Zilkha Hall, Hobby Center for the Performing Arts, Houston, U.S.A (09/06/2011-09/07/2011)
  • Running Time: 37 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio

>Scarlatti, Domenico : La Dirindina, intermezzo in 2 parts for 3 voices & orchestra
  • Ensemble: Ars Lyrica Houston
  • Notes: Zilkha Hall, Hobby Center for the Performing Arts, Houston, U.S.A (09/06/2011-09/07/2011)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1714

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Vln/Mandolin and Basso Continuo in G minor, K 88
  • Ensemble: Ars Lyrica Houston
  • Running Time: 8 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : La Dirindina, intermezzo in 2 parts for 3 voices & orchestra
  • Performers: Joseph Gaines; Jamie Barton (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Ensemble: Ars Lyrica Houston
  • Notes: Zilkha Hall, Hobby Center for the Performing Arts, Houston, U.S.A (09/06/2011-09/07/2011)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1714

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Violin and Harpsichord in G major, K 91/L 176
  • Ensemble: Ars Lyrica Houston
  • Running Time: 15 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Pur nel sonno almen tal'ora, chamber cantata for soprano, 2 violins & continuo
  • Performer: Céline Ricci (Voice)
  • Ensemble: Ars Lyrica Houston
  • Notes: Zilkha Hall, Hobby Center for the Performing Arts, Houston, U.S.A (09/06/2011-09/07/2011)
  • Running Time: 37 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio