1 800 222 6872

A Treasury of English Keyboard Music / Gerald Gifford, harpsichords and organ

Audio Samples

>Gibbons, Orlando : Preludes (4) for Keyboard
>Peerson, Martin : The Fall of the Leaf, for harpsichord (No 272 in the Fitzwilliam Virginal Book)
>Wilbye, John : The Frogge, arrangement for harpsichord (after Dowland)
>Anonymous, English : The Prince's Masque / The Shepherd / The Queen's Masque, medley for harpsichord (Anne Cromwell's Vir
>Green, Maurice : Lesson for harpsichord in D major (from A Collection of Lessons, Book 2)
>Hook, James : Work(s)
>     Lesson no 23 (Guida di Musica) / Lesson no 2 (Five Lessons for the Harpsichord)
>Crotch, William : Sonata III in E flat (London, c. 1794)
>     Andante & Variations
>Anonymous, English : The Norwich Minuet, for harpsichord
>White, Robert : In Nomine a 5
>Amner, John : Verses (3) for harpsichord on the hymn tune "O Lord in Thee Is All My Trust"
>Quarles (ii), Charles : A Lesson or Voluntary for harpsichord
>Boyce, William : Voluntaries (10) for Keyboard
>Jones, William : Ten Church Pieces for the Organ (London, 1789)
>     Piece 9
>Burney, Charles : Voluntary for organ, No 1 in E minor
>     "Cornet Piece"
>Hook, James : Voluntary for organ in C minor

Album Summary

>Gibbons, Orlando : Preludes (4) for Keyboard
>Peerson, Martin : The Fall of the Leaf, for harpsichord (No 272 in the Fitzwilliam Virginal Book)
>Wilbye, John : The Frogge, arrangement for harpsichord (after Dowland)
>Anonymous, English : The Prince's Masque / The Shepherd / The Queen's Masque, medley for harpsichord (Anne Cromwell's Vir
>Green, Maurice : Lesson for harpsichord in D major (from A Collection of Lessons, Book 2)
>Hook, James : Work(s)
>Crotch, William : Sonata III in E flat (London, c. 1794)
>Anonymous, English : The Norwich Minuet, for harpsichord
>White, Robert : In Nomine a 5
>Amner, John : Verses (3) for harpsichord on the hymn tune "O Lord in Thee Is All My Trust"
>Quarles (ii), Charles : A Lesson or Voluntary for harpsichord
>Boyce, William : Voluntaries (10) for Keyboard
>Jones, William : Ten Church Pieces for the Organ (London, 1789)
>Burney, Charles : Voluntary for organ, No 1 in E minor
>Hook, James : Voluntary for organ in C minor
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Works chosen for this Treasury of English Keyboard Music range from the 16th century through to the early 19th century, and the program reflects the broad range of musical styles employed. The harpsichord recordings were made in the Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge, on two historic instruments, while the organ (which contains much 17th-century pipework) is that of St. Michael's Church, Framlingham, Suffolk.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: St. Michael's Church, Framlingham.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Gibbons, Orlando : Preludes (4) for Keyboard
  • Performer: Gerald Gifford (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Peerson, Martin : The Fall of the Leaf, for harpsichord (No 272 in the Fitzwilliam Virginal Book)
  • Performer: Gerald Gifford (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1600-1650

>Wilbye, John : The Frogge, arrangement for harpsichord (after Dowland)
  • Performer: Gerald Gifford (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous, English : The Prince's Masque / The Shepherd / The Queen's Masque, medley for harpsichord (Anne Cromwell's Vir
  • Performer: Gerald Gifford (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Green, Maurice : Lesson for harpsichord in D major (from A Collection of Lessons, Book 2)
  • Performer: Gerald Gifford (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Hook, James : Work(s) :: Lesson no 23 (Guida di Musica) / Lesson no 2 (Five Lessons for the Harpsichord)
  • Performer: Gerald Gifford (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Crotch, William : Sonata III in E flat (London, c. 1794) :: Andante & Variations
  • Performer: Gerald Gifford (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Anonymous, English : The Norwich Minuet, for harpsichord
  • Performer: Gerald Gifford (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 37 sec.

>White, Robert : In Nomine a 5
  • Performer: Gerald Gifford (Organ)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Amner, John : Verses (3) for harpsichord on the hymn tune "O Lord in Thee Is All My Trust"
  • Performer: Gerald Gifford (Organ)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Quarles (ii), Charles : A Lesson or Voluntary for harpsichord
  • Performer: Gerald Gifford (Organ)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Boyce, William : Voluntaries (10) for Keyboard
  • Performer: Gerald Gifford (Organ)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1779

>Jones, William : Ten Church Pieces for the Organ (London, 1789) :: Piece 9
  • Performer: Gerald Gifford (Organ)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Burney, Charles : Voluntary for organ, No 1 in E minor :: "Cornet Piece"
  • Performer: Gerald Gifford (Organ)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Hook, James : Voluntary for organ in C minor
  • Performer: Gerald Gifford (Organ)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical