Music composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Lyrics by Tim Rice.
Principal cast: Murray Head (Judas Iscariot); Ian Gillan (Jesus Christ); Yvonne Elliman (Mary Magdalene); Paul Raven (Priest); Mike D'Abo (King Herod).
Personnel includes: Ian Gillian, Murray Head.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Principle cast: Steve Balsamo (Jesus Christ), Zubin Varla (Judas Iscariot), Joanna Ampil (Mary Magdalene), David Burt (Pontius Pilate), Alice Cooper (King Herod), Jonathan Hart (Peter), Glen Carter (Simon Zealotes), Peter Gallagher (Caiaphas, High Priest), Martin Callaghan (Annas).
Producers: Andrew Lloyd Webber, Nigel Wright, Tim Rice.
Lyricist: Tim Rice.
Liner Note Author: Andrew Lloyd Webber.
Conceived by composer Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyricist Tim Rice while the British duo were still in their early 20s, the rock opera JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR was released in 1970 as a studio album before its many subsequent stage productions. Featuring Deep Purple singer Ian Gillan as Jesus and Murray Head as Judas, this recording presents the initial versions of these well-known Broadway tunes, including the funky, frenetic "What's the Buzz?/Strange Thing Mystifying" and "The Temple," a hauntingly chaotic number. Although other productions of the musical are highly regarded, this original version is arguably the best.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- Evita [2006 London Cast Recording] (Original Soundtrack)
- The Sound of Music [London Palladium Cast Recordin (Fisher, Connie)
- Phantom of Broadway (Davidson, David (Violin))
- Evita: Music from the Motion Picture (Madonna)
- Evita [Original Soundtrack] (Madonna)
- Song & Dance - The Songs [Original Broadway Cast] (Original Cast)
- Highlights from the Phantom of the Opera [Special (Phantom of the Opera Cast Ensem)
- The Very Best of Andrew Lloyd Webber: The Broadway (Various Artists)