1 800 222 6872

Joy to the World / US Air Force Band and Singing Sergeants, Lowell E Graham

Audio Samples

>Mason, Lowell : Joy to the World
>Weldon, Frank : Christmas in Killarney, song
>Yon, Pietro : Gesu bambino
>Reed, Alfred : Russian Christmas Music
>Traditional, Christmas : Christmas Medley
>     Riu, riu, chiu / A la nanita nana / Fum, fum, fum
>Traditional, Christmas : God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen (English)
>Traditional, Christmas : What Child Is This? (Greensleeves)
>Traditional, Christmas : Deck the Halls (Welsh)
>Adam, Adolphe : Cantique de Noel for voice & orchestra ("Minuit, Chretiens," "O Holy Night")
>Gruber, Franz : Silent Night
>Newman, Alfred : Hanukkah Prayer / O Hanukkah / Maoz Tzur, medley for vocal ensemble & band
>Hairston, Jester : Mary's boy child
>Olatunji, Via : Betelehemu, for chorus & percussion
>Davis, Michael : Three Appalachian Carols, medley for vocal ensemble & band
>Davis, Michael : Ring, Christmas Bells, medley for vocal ensemble & band
>Jill Jackson / Sy Miller : Let There Be Peace On Earth

Album Summary

>Mason, Lowell : Joy to the World
>Weldon, Frank : Christmas in Killarney, song
>Yon, Pietro : Gesu bambino
>Reed, Alfred : Russian Christmas Music
>Traditional, Christmas : Christmas Medley
>Traditional, Christmas : God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen (English)
>Traditional, Christmas : What Child Is This? (Greensleeves)
>Traditional, Christmas : Deck the Halls (Welsh)
>Adam, Adolphe : Cantique de Noel for voice & orchestra ("Minuit, Chretiens," "O Holy Night")
>Gruber, Franz : Silent Night
>Newman, Alfred : Hanukkah Prayer / O Hanukkah / Maoz Tzur, medley for vocal ensemble & band
>Hairston, Jester : Mary's boy child
>Olatunji, Via : Betelehemu, for chorus & percussion
>Davis, Michael : Three Appalachian Carols, medley for vocal ensemble & band
>Davis, Michael : Ring, Christmas Bells, medley for vocal ensemble & band
>Jill Jackson / Sy Miller : Let There Be Peace On Earth
Performers Conductor Ensembles Composers
Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Hylton Memorial Chapel, Woodbridge, VA (11/17/1997-11/21/1997).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Mason, Lowell : Joy to the World
  • Conductor: Lowell Graham
  • Ensemble: United States Air Force Band
  • Running Time: 3 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Christmas

>Weldon, Frank : Christmas in Killarney, song
  • Notes: This work was written in collaboration with James Cavanaugh, John Redmond (Jazz Composer).
  • Running Time: 3 min. 18 sec.
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1950

>Yon, Pietro : Gesú bambino
  • Running Time: 4 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1917

>Reed, Alfred : Russian Christmas Music
  • Running Time: 15 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1944

>Traditional, Christmas : Christmas Medley :: Riu, riu, chiu / A la nanita nana / Fum, fum, fum
  • Performers: James Cavanaugh / John Redmond / Nat Simon; Julianne Turrentine; David Nokes; Russell Colleran; Geoffrey Parrish; David Farwig (Charango)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 22 sec.
  • Form: Christmas

>Traditional, Christmas : God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen (English)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Christmas

>Traditional, Christmas : What Child Is This? (Greensleeves)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1600

>Traditional, Christmas : Deck the Halls (Welsh)
  • Performers: Andrew Wilson (Trumpet); Christopher Quade (Tuba); William Adcock (Trumpet); Lance LaDuke (Euphonium)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 32 sec.
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: by 1784

>Adam, Adolphe : Cantique de Noël for voice & orchestra ("Minuit, Chrétiens," "O Holy Night")
  • Performer: Alexis Defranchi
  • Running Time: 4 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1851

>Gruber, Franz : Silent Night
  • Running Time: 4 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1818

>Newman, Alfred : Hanukkah Prayer / O Hanukkah / Maoz Tzur, medley for vocal ensemble & band
  • Performer: Kerry Wilkerson
  • Notes: This work was written in collaboration with Jerry Brubaker.
  • Running Time: 5 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Hairston, Jester : Mary's boy child
  • Performers: Patrick Shrieves (Percussion); Erica Kadison; Thomas Maloy; Christopher Quade; Aubrey Adams; Lance LaDuke (Euphonium)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1956

>Olatunji, Via : Betelehemu, for chorus & percussion
  • Running Time: 3 min. 51 sec.

>Davis, Michael : Three Appalachian Carols, medley for vocal ensemble & band
  • Performer: Julianne Turrentine
  • Notes: This work was written in collaboration with Floyd Werle (1929 - ).
  • Running Time: 5 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Davis, Michael : Ring, Christmas Bells, medley for vocal ensemble & band
  • Running Time: 4 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Christmas

>Jill Jackson / Sy Miller : Let There Be Peace On Earth
  • Running Time: 5 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1955