- Jonathan Aasgaard (Cello)
Notes & Reviews:
In this premiere recording of the Ballade for cello and orchestra, we see a mature work of contemporary composer Carl Davis performed by the recipient of the commission alongside the commissioning body - cellist Jonathan Aasgaard and the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, respectively. Davis based the haunting Ballade "on the brief synopsis Fauré had used for his Poème d'un jour: a couple meet, swear eternal love and part."Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Philharmonic Hall, Liverpool (07/09/2011).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsDavis, Carl [Conductor] : Ballade, for cello & orchestra
- Performer: Jonathan Aasgaard (Cello)
- Conductor: Carl Davis
- Ensemble: Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra
- Running Time: 19 min. 21 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary