- Scheherazade, Op. 35: II. The Kalender Prince
- Scheherazade, Op. 35: III. The Young Prince and the Young Princess
- Scheherazade, Op. 35: IV. Festival at Baghdad - The Sea - The Ship Breaks against a Cliff Surmounted by a Bronze Horseman
- Ala i Lolli Suite, Op. 20, "Skifskaya syuita" (Scythian Suite): I. Invocation to Veles and Ala $0.99 on iTunes
- Ala i Lolli Suite, Op. 20, "Skifskaya syuita" (Scythian Suite): II. The Evil God and Dance of the Pagan Monster $0.99 on iTunes
- Ala i Lolli Suite, Op. 20, "Skifskaya syuita" (Scythian Suite): III. Night $0.99 on iTunes
Notes & Reviews:
Hanssler Classic's Ballets Russes series is unrivaled for completeness and will include many works never before recorded. Each booklet includes historic details of the works performance and artwork from the original productions. World-renowned choreographer John Neumeier has overseen the production of the entire series. For 20 years from 1909 to 1929, the Russian impresario Serge Diaghilev and his Russian ballet became one of the 20th century's most incredible artistic adventures, redefining theater, music and dance in every performance.
American Record Guide, May/June 2013
Karabits follows up with an atmospheric, earthy Scythian Suite, strong on exoticism and primitive energy. They certainly knock some dust from the rafters with II, build a mysterious nocturnal atmosphere in III, and top it all off with a pounding, insistent finale. The performances get plenty of help to shine from the very fine recorded sound. These are "big" works that require a big sound stage, and that's exactly what they get. The sound has both breadth and depth.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Saint-Saens: Piano Quartet; Piano Quintet; Barcarolle / Cristina Ortiz, piano
Beethoven: Trios, Vol. 5 - 'Archduke' Piano Trio; Kakadu Variations / Tichman, Bieler, Kliegel
Psalms and Motets for Reflection - Taverner, Stainer, Poulenc, Stanford, MacMillan
Bach Metamorphosis: Transcriptions by W. Braunfels, C. Tausig, R. Vaughan Williams and Others / Angelika Nebel, piano
Les Ballets Russes, Vol. 9 - works by Milhaud, Scarlatti & Sauget / German Radio PO. Reimer
Shostakovich, Mozart, Bach: Piano Concertos / Constantine Orbelian, piano; Moscow CO
Franz von Suppé: Requiem / Fajtova, Gottwald, Muzek, Pesendorfer. Gerd Schaller
Armenian Dances for Wind Band - Alfred Reed, Bernstein, Bach, Shostakovich, Chia-Ying Chiang et al. / Taiwn Wind Ens.
Mozart: Violin Sonatas, K.376-378; K. 570 Arranged for Flute / Patrick Gallois, flute; Maria Prinz, piano