- Joanna Kozlowska (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
Gorecki's Third Symphony, subtitled 'Symphony of Sorrowful Songs", caused a sensation in 1992 when it became a worldwide commercial and critical success, selling more than a million copies. Its "spiritual minimalism" struck a chord and put the Polish composer firmly on the map some 16 years after the work's composition. The words of the central movement are the opening to a prayer scratched on a cell wall by a Polish teenage girl while imprisoned during the Second World War.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsGorecki, Henryk M. : Symphony no 3, Op. 36 ("Symphony of Sorrowful Songs")
- Performer: Joanna Kozlowska (Soprano)
- Conductor: Kazimierz Kord
- Ensemble: Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra
- Running Time: 59 min. 2 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1976