1 800 222 6872

25 Beethoven Favorites

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Egmont, incidental music, Op. 84
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 21 in C major, Op. 53 "Waldstein"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/2 "Moonlight"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for piano no 8 in C minor, Op. 13 "Pathetique"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 23 in F minor, Op. 57 "Appassionata"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Creatures of Prometheus, Op. 43
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Violin in D major, Op. 61
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 5 in F major, Op. 24 "Spring"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Trio for Piano and Strings no 7 in B flat major, Op. 97 "Archduke"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Bagatelle for piano in A minor ("Für Elise"), WoO 59
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quintet for Piano, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon and Horn in E flat major, Op. 16
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Fantasia in C minor, Op. 80 "Choral Fantasy"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 2 in B flat major, Op. 19
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 3 in C minor, Op. 37
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 4 in G major, Op. 58
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 5 "Emperor"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Ruins of Athens, Op. 113
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Coriolan Overture in C minor, Op. 62
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Ecossaises (6) for Piano, WoO 83
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composer


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Egmont, incidental music, Op. 84 :: Overture
  • Conductor: Anton Nanut
  • Ensemble: Ljubljana Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 4 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1809-1810

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67 :: I
  • Conductor: Anton Nanut
  • Ensemble: Ljubljana Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 21 in C major, Op. 53 "Waldstein" :: I
  • Performer: Alfred Brendel (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1803-1804

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/2 "Moonlight" :: I
  • Performer: Jerome Rose (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for piano no 8 in C minor, Op. 13 "Pathetique" :: II
  • Performer: Jerome Rose (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1797-1798

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 23 in F minor, Op. 57 "Appassionata" :: III
  • Performer: Jerome Rose (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1804-1805

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral" :: II
  • Conductor: Anton Nanut
  • Ensemble: Ljubljana Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92 :: III
  • Conductor: Anton Nanut
  • Ensemble: Ljubljana Radio Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 4 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Creatures of Prometheus, Op. 43 :: Finale, edited
  • Conductor: Hans-Hubert Schonzeler
  • Ensemble: Berlin Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Ballet
  • Written: 1800-1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Violin in D major, Op. 61 :: I
  • Performer: Suzanne Lautenbacher (Violin)
  • Conductor: Hubert Reichert
  • Ensemble: Westphalian Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1806

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin and Piano no 5 in F major, Op. 24 "Spring" :: I
  • Performer: Eileen Flissler (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1800-1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Trio for Piano and Strings no 7 in B flat major, Op. 97 "Archduke" :: I
  • Running Time: 3 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1810-1811

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Bagatelle for piano in A minor ("Für Elise"), WoO 59
  • Performer: Leonard Hokanson (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1810

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quintet for Piano, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon and Horn in E flat major, Op. 16 :: III
  • Performers: George Silfies (Clarinet); Richard Woodhams (Oboe); George Berry (Bassoon); Abbey Simon (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1796

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Fantasia in C minor, Op. 80 "Choral Fantasy" :: Finale, edited
  • Performer: Walter Klien (Piano)
  • Conductor: Jerzy Semkov
  • Ensemble: St. Louis Symphony Chorus
  • Running Time: 2 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1808

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 2 in B flat major, Op. 19 :: III
  • Performer: Alfred Brendel (Piano)
  • Conductor: Heinz Wallberg
  • Ensemble: Vienna Volksoper Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1788-1798

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 3 in C minor, Op. 37 :: II
  • Performer: Alfred Brendel (Piano)
  • Conductor: Heinz Wallberg
  • Ensemble: Vienna Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1800-1803

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 4 in G major, Op. 58 :: I
  • Performer: Alfred Brendel (Piano)
  • Conductor: Heinz Wallberg
  • Ensemble: Vienna Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1805-1806

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 5 "Emperor" :: I
  • Performer: Alfred Brendel (Piano)
  • Conductor: Zubin Mehta
  • Ensemble: Vienna Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1809

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica" :: I
  • Conductor: Michael Gielen
  • Ensemble: Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1803

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Ruins of Athens, Op. 113 :: IV
  • Conductor: Stanislaw Skrowaczewski
  • Ensemble: Minnesota Orchestra
  • Notes: Composition written: 1811.
  • Running Time: 1 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1811

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Coriolan Overture in C minor, Op. 62 :: Overture, edited
  • Conductor: Stanislaw Skrowaczewski
  • Ensemble: Minnesota Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1807

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Ecossaises (6) for Piano, WoO 83
  • Performer: Alfred Brendel (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: circa 1806

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral" :: II
  • Conductor: Alberto Lizzio
  • Ensemble: London Festival Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1824

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral" :: IV
  • Conductor: Alberto Lizzio
  • Ensemble: London Festival Orchestra
  • Running Time: 4 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1824