1 800 222 6872

A Choice Collection of Dances - Music for Baroque Dances at Court & Theatre / Academia Amsterdam

Audio Samples

  1. A Choice Collection of Dances — Le cherubain $0.99 on iTunes
  2. A Choice Collection of Dances — Rigaudon de Mr. Balon $0.99 on iTunes
  3. A Choice Collection of Dances — La contredance $0.99 on iTunes
  4. A Choice Collection of Dances — An Ecchoe Boree & Minuet $0.99 on iTunes
  5. A Choice Collection of Dances — La nouvelle bourrée $0.99 on iTunes
  6. A Choice Collection of Dances — The Great Turk $0.99 on iTunes
  7. A Choice Collection of Dances — Prélude non mesuré in A Major for Harpsichord $0.99 on iTunes
  8. A Choice Collection of Dances — Turkish Dance $0.99 on iTunes
  9. A Choice Collection of Dances — Entrée pour un homme et une femme $0.99 on iTunes
  10. A Choice Collection of Dances — Jigg by Ye Same $0.99 on iTunes
  11. A Choice Collection of Dances — A Chacoon for a Harlequin $0.99 on iTunes
  12. A Choice Collection of Dances — Le menuet à quatre $0.99 on iTunes
  13. A Choice Collection of Dances — Les noces de village, LWV 19 "Mascarade ridicule": Le marié et la mariée (Arr. for Chamber Ensemble) $0.99 on iTunes
  14. A Choice Collection of Dances — La royalle $0.99 on iTunes
  15. A Choice Collection of Dances — Hésione: Aimable vainqueur $0.99 on iTunes
  16. A Choice Collection of Dances — La Gouastalla $0.99 on iTunes
  17. A Choice Collection of Dances — Prélude in A Major for Violin $0.99 on iTunes
  18. A Choice Collection of Dances — Gigue pour une femme seule $0.99 on iTunes
  19. A Choice Collection of Dances — Entrée de deux femmes $0.99 on iTunes
  20. A Choice Collection of Dances — Entrée seule pour une femme $0.99 on iTunes
  21. A Choice Collection of Dances — Philomèle: Entrée des bacchantes $0.99 on iTunes
  22. A Choice Collection of Dances — Entrée pour un berger et une bergère $0.99 on iTunes
  23. A Choice Collection of Dances — Entrée pour un berger et une bergère $0.99 on iTunes
  24. A Choice Collection of Dances — Entrée dancée par les mêmes $0.99 on iTunes
  25. A Choice Collection of Dances — Passacaille pour une femme $0.99 on iTunes
  26. A Choice Collection of Dances — Prélude in G Minor for Oboe $0.99 on iTunes
  27. A Choice Collection of Dances — Gavotte du Roy $0.99 on iTunes
  28. A Choice Collection of Dances — La bourée nouvelle $0.99 on iTunes
  29. A Choice Collection of Dances — Le cotillon des Fêtes de Thalie $0.99 on iTunes
  30. A Choice Collection of Dances — Prélude in G Major for Viola da Gamba $0.99 on iTunes
  31. A Choice Collection of Dances — Entrée espagnolle pour une femme $0.99 on iTunes
  32. A Choice Collection of Dances — Sarabande pour femme - Sarabande pour homme $0.99 on iTunes
  33. A Choice Collection of Dances — Entrée des festes venitienne dancée par les mêmes $0.99 on iTunes
  34. A Choice Collection of Dances — The English Dancing Master (Excerpts) $0.99 on iTunes

Album Summary

>Campra, André [Composer] : Le cherubain, forlana for ensemble
>Barre, Michel de La : Rigaudon de Mr. Balon, for ensemble
>Lacoste, Louis de : La Contredance, branle for ensemble
>Groscort : An Ecchoe Boree & Minuet (from Edmund Pemberton's 1711 dance manual)
>Anonymous, French : La nouvelle bourée, for ensemble (attrib. Toussaint Bertin de la Doüe)
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : The Great Turk, for ensemble (after André Campra's "air pour les Bostangis")
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Prélude non mesuré for harpsichord in A major (after Louis Couperin)
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Turkish Dance, suite of 3 dances (after André Campra)
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Entrée pour un homme et une femme, rondeau for ensemble (after Louis de Lacoste)
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Jigg (branle) for ensemble (after Louis de Lacoste)
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : A Chacoon for a Harlequin, chaconne for ensemble (after Marc Antoine Charpentier)
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Le Menuet à quatre, for ensemble (after Marin Marais)
>Hotteterre, Jacques : L'Art de Préluder sur la Flûte Traversiere, Op. 7
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : La Mariée, for ensemble (after Jean-Baptiste Lully)
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : La Royalle, for ensemble (after Jean-Baptiste Lully and Pascal Colasse)
>Campra, André [Composer] : Aimable vainqueur, loure for ensemble
>Destouches, André Cardinal : La Gouastalla, passepied for ensemble
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Prélude for violin in A major (after Jacques Hotteterre)
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Gigue pour une femme seul, for ensemble (after André Campra)
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Entrée de deux femmes, for ensemble (after André Campra's "air des Polichinels")
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Entrée seul pour une femme, for ensemble (after Jean-Baptiste Lully's "air pour les Nymphes de Flore
>Lacoste, Louis de : Entrée de deux Bacchante, canaries for ensemble (after Louis de Lacoste)
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Entrée pour un Berger et une Bergère, muzette for ensemble (after Marin Marais)
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Entrée pour un Berger et une Bergère, rondeau for ensemble (after Jean-Féry Rebel)
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Deuxième entrée dancée par un Berger et une Bergère, bourrée for ensemble (after Jean-Féry Rebel)
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Passacaille pour une femme, for ensemble (after Jean-Baptiste Lully)
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Prelude for oboe in G minor (after Jacques Hotteterre)
>Quinault, Jean-Baptiste : La Gavotte du Roy, gavotte à 4
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : La bourrée nouvelle, for ensemble (after Jean-Joseph Mouret)
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Le Cotillon des Fêtes de Thalie, contredanse for ensemble (after Jean-Joseph Mouret)
>Dubuisson : Praeludium for solo viol
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Entrée espagnolle pour une femme, for ensemble (after André Campra's "air pour les Espagnols")
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Sarabande pour femme / Sarabande pour homme, for ensemble (after Jean-Baptiste Lully's "air des Espa
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Entrée d'un Pastre et d'une Pastourelle, forlana for ensemble (after André Campra)
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Deuxième entrée des festes Venitienne (after André Campra's "premier air comique")
>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Chestnut (Dove's Figary) / Childgrove (from The English Dancing Master), medley for ensemble
Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

American Record Guide, March / April 2013
This is simply a sparkling gem of a release. I love this music, and it's performed in a way that feels very authentic - one can imagine an elegant French ballroom or a theater. Most of it is very lively (naturally). Great party music! The notes give quite a bit of information about the period in general and then a few words about each dance, including source notes, which might be of particular interest to performers.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Oude Dorpskerk, Bunnik, The Netherlands (04/2002-10/2002).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Campra, André [Composer] : Le cherubain, forlana for ensemble
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 1 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Barre, Michel de La : Rigaudon de Mr. Balon, for ensemble
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 1 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Lacoste, Louis de : La Contredance, branle for ensemble
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 1 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Groscort : An Ecchoe Boree & Minuet (from Edmund Pemberton's 1711 dance manual)
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 2 min. 53 sec.

>Anonymous, French : La nouvelle bourée, for ensemble (attrib. Toussaint Bertin de la Doüe)
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : The Great Turk, for ensemble (after André Campra's "air pour les Bostangis")
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 4 min. 6 sec.

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Prélude non mesuré for harpsichord in A major (after Louis Couperin)
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Turkish Dance, suite of 3 dances (after André Campra)
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 3 min. 37 sec.

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Entrée pour un homme et une femme, rondeau for ensemble (after Louis de Lacoste)
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 2 min. 9 sec.

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Jigg (branle) for ensemble (after Louis de Lacoste)
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 1 min. 8 sec.

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : A Chacoon for a Harlequin, chaconne for ensemble (after Marc Antoine Charpentier)
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 1 min. 38 sec.

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Le Menuet à quatre, for ensemble (after Marin Marais)
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 1 min. 45 sec.

>Hotteterre, Jacques : L'Art de Préluder sur la Flûte Traversiere, Op. 7 :: Prelude in G major
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 1 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : La Mariée, for ensemble (after Jean-Baptiste Lully)
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 1 min. 55 sec.

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : La Royalle, for ensemble (after Jean-Baptiste Lully and Pascal Colasse)
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 2 min. 8 sec.

>Campra, André [Composer] : Aimable vainqueur, loure for ensemble
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 2 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Destouches, André Cardinal : La Gouastalla, passepied for ensemble
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 1 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Prélude for violin in A major (after Jacques Hotteterre)
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Gigue pour une femme seul, for ensemble (after André Campra)
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 1 min. 12 sec.

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Entrée de deux femmes, for ensemble (after André Campra's "air des Polichinels")
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 1 min. 25 sec.

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Entrée seul pour une femme, for ensemble (after Jean-Baptiste Lully's "air pour les Nymphes de Flore
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 1 min. 8 sec.

>Lacoste, Louis de : Entrée de deux Bacchante, canaries for ensemble (after Louis de Lacoste)
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Entrée pour un Berger et une Bergère, muzette for ensemble (after Marin Marais)
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 1 min. 55 sec.

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Entrée pour un Berger et une Bergère, rondeau for ensemble (after Jean-Féry Rebel)
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 1 min. 28 sec.

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Deuxième entrée dancée par un Berger et une Bergère, bourrée for ensemble (after Jean-Féry Rebel)
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Passacaille pour une femme, for ensemble (after Jean-Baptiste Lully)
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 4 min. 10 sec.

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Prelude for oboe in G minor (after Jacques Hotteterre)
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam

>Quinault, Jean-Baptiste : La Gavotte du Roy, gavotte à 4
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : La bourrée nouvelle, for ensemble (after Jean-Joseph Mouret)
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Le Cotillon des Fêtes de Thalie, contredanse for ensemble (after Jean-Joseph Mouret)
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.

>Dubuisson : Praeludium for solo viol
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 1 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Entrée espagnolle pour une femme, for ensemble (after André Campra's "air pour les Espagnols")
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 1 min. 29 sec.

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Sarabande pour femme / Sarabande pour homme, for ensemble (after Jean-Baptiste Lully's "air des Espa
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 1 min. 57 sec.

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Entrée d'un Pastre et d'une Pastourelle, forlana for ensemble (after André Campra)
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 1 min. 11 sec.

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Deuxième entrée des festes Venitienne (after André Campra's "premier air comique")
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 1 min. 18 sec.

>Wortelboer, Dorothee : Chestnut (Dove's Figary) / Childgrove (from The English Dancing Master), medley for ensemble
  • Ensemble: Accademia Amsterdam
  • Running Time: 5 min. 5 sec.
  • Written: 1651