- Mayr — Arianna a Nasso: Sinfonia $0.99 on iTunes
- Mayr — Arianna a Nasso: Introduzione: Misera! al sonno in preda (Chorus) $0.99 on iTunes
- Mayr — Arianna a Nasso: Recitativo: Larve terribili (Arianna) $0.99 on iTunes
- Mayr — Arianna a Nasso: Marcia $0.99 on iTunes
- Mayr — Arianna a Nasso: Recitativo: Si, compagni, quel nume (Bacco) $0.99 on iTunes
- Mayr — Arianna a Nasso: Recitativo: Giove del lungo errar questa e la meta (Bacco, Chorus, Arianna) $0.99 on iTunes
- Mayr — Arianna a Nasso: Duetto: Non temer (Bacco, Arianna) $0.99 on iTunes
- Mayr — Arianna a Nasso: Recitativo: Le passate vicende (Bacco, Arianna) $0.99 on iTunes
- Mayr — Arianna a Nasso: Chorus: Del bromio dio (Chorus) - Recitativo: Che vedo! (Arianna, Bacco) $0.99 on iTunes
- Mayr — Arianna a Nasso: Chorus: Abbi, Arianna, omai di tanti lai (Chorus) - Recitativo: Deh! benefico nume (Arianna) $0.99 on iTunes
- Mayr — Arianna a Nasso: Aria: Troppo oppresso (Arianna, Bacco, Chorus) $0.99 on iTunes
- Franz Hauk (Harpsichord)
Notes & Reviews:
The Bavarian-born composer Simon Mayr spent his compositional life in Italy, spreading the influence of Viennese classicism whilst himself being influenced by prevailing Italian models. His cantata Arianna in Nasso (Ariadne on Naxos) was written for the leading soprano Isabella Colbran, who was later to marry Rossini. Her virtuosity inspired Mayr, and his cantata is a stirring example of vivid nature writing, refined pathos, and joyous celebration. Franz Hauk and the Simon Mayr Chorus and Ensemble are the world's leading Mayr exponents and their recordings have received the highest critical acclaim. The Simon Mayr Chorus and Ensemble were established by Franz Hauk in 2003. The chorus's repertoire ranges from the sixteenth to the twentieth century and a special emphasis is laid on historical performance techniques and the performance of vocal music by Simon Mayr. Franz Hauk has done much to revive interest in the music of Simon Mayr and since October 2002 has taught in the historical performance and church music department of the Munich Music and Theatre Hochschule.
American Record Guide, March / April 2013
It's spirited and tuneful with even the same string and woodwind sonorities. This performance is alert and neatly paced. The engineering is rich, transparent, and balanced. Hauk himself fortunately supplies a detailed description of what's going on in all 15 cuts in the liner notes.
Recording information: Neues Schloss, Fahmensaal, Ingolstadt (09/16/2007-09/20/2007).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Mayr: Gioas, oratorio / Brown, Sellier, Frey, Burkhart. Franz Hauk
Ferdinando Paer (1771-1839): Il Santo Sepolcro (The Holy Sepulchre); Mayr: Invito / Cornelia Horak, Miriam Clark, Vanessa Barkowski, Thomas Michael Allen
Tan Dun: Concerto for Orchestra; Symphonic Poem of 3 Notes; Orchestral Theatre I, "Xun"
Gabriel Jackson: Requiem / Vasari Singers - Jeremy Backhouse
Mayr: Tobiae matrimonium / Franz Hauk, Simon Mayr Chorus and Ensemble
Ignatz Waghalter: Violin Concerto; Rhapsodie; Violin sonata; Idyll; Gestandnis / Irmina Trynkos, violin
Jan van Gilse: Symphony No. 4 / David Porcelijn
Ermanno Wolf-Ferrari: Concertos for Winds / Andrea Tenaglia, oboe; William Moriconi, cor anglais; Giuseppe Ciabocchi, bassoon
Francisco Antonio de Almeida: La Spinalba ovvero il vecchio matto / Luís Rodrigues, Cátia Moreso, Ana Quintans, Fernando Guimarães, Inês Madeira, Joana Seara, Mário Alves
Works DetailsMayr, Simon : Arianna in Nasso, cantata for voice & orchestra
- Performer: Franz Hauk (Harpsichord)
- Conductor: Franz Hauk
- Ensemble: Simon Mayr Chorus
- Notes: Neues Schloss, Fahmensaal, Ingolstadt (09/16/2007-09/20/2007)
- Running Time: 54 min. 59 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Cantata/Oratorio