1 800 222 6872

Handel: Italian Duets / Susanna Rydén, Gemma Bertagnolli, Harmonices Mundi, Claudio Astronio

Audio Samples

>Handel, George Frideric : Work(s)
>     Sonata in B
>     Preludio in D minor
>     Prelude
>     Entrée
>     Prelude
>Handel, George Frideric : Italian Duets
>Handel, George Frideric : Va, speme infida, duet for 2 sopranos & continuo, HWV 199
>Handel, George Frideric : Amor gioje mi porge, for 2 soprano voices & continuo, HWV180
>Handel, George Frideric : Toccata
>Handel, George Frideric : Ahi nelle sorti umane, cantata for 2 sopranos & continuo, HWV 179
>Handel, George Frideric : No, di voi non vo' fidarmi, duet for 2 sopranos & continuo, HWV 189

Album Summary

>Handel, George Frideric : Work(s)
>Handel, George Frideric : Italian Duets
>Handel, George Frideric : Va, speme infida, duet for 2 sopranos & continuo, HWV 199
>Handel, George Frideric : Amor gioje mi porge, for 2 soprano voices & continuo, HWV180
>Handel, George Frideric : Toccata
>Handel, George Frideric : Ahi nelle sorti umane, cantata for 2 sopranos & continuo, HWV 179
>Handel, George Frideric : No, di voi non vo' fidarmi, duet for 2 sopranos & continuo, HWV 189
Performers Conductor Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

The marvelously affecting Italian Duets have long remained favorites among Handel's oeuvre, distinct markers of the influences of the young Saxon's early trips to Rome and studies of the chamber duet master Agostino Steffani. The grand Hamonices Mundi is joined here by rising stars of Baroque singing Gemma Bertagnolli and Susanne Rydén.

American Record Guide, March / April 2013
Fascinating and also pleasing marginalia in Handel's vast output. The most recent and impressive serving is, again, a program of nine items, with a stellar lineup of singers led by Emanuelle Haim for Virgin.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Vereinshaus, Lengmoos, Süd-Tirol (07/26/2009-07/29/2009).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Handel, George Frideric : Work(s) :: Sonata in B
  • Conductor: Claudio Astronio
  • Ensemble: Harmonices Mundi
  • Notes: Vereinshaus, Lengmoos, Süd-Tirol (07/26/2009-07/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Handel, George Frideric : Italian Duets
  • Performers: Gemma Bertagnoli; Susanne Rydén (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Claudio Astronio
  • Ensemble: Harmonices Mundi
  • Notes: Vereinshaus, Lengmoos, Süd-Tirol (07/26/2009-07/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1741

>Handel, George Frideric : Work(s) :: Preludio in D minor
  • Conductor: Claudio Astronio
  • Ensemble: Harmonices Mundi
  • Notes: Vereinshaus, Lengmoos, Süd-Tirol (07/26/2009-07/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Handel, George Frideric : Va, speme infida, duet for 2 sopranos & continuo, HWV 199
  • Performers: Gemma Bertagnoli; Susanne Rydén (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Claudio Astronio
  • Ensemble: Harmonices Mundi
  • Notes: Vereinshaus, Lengmoos, Süd-Tirol (07/26/2009-07/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1711

>Handel, George Frideric : Work(s) :: Prelude
  • Conductor: Claudio Astronio
  • Ensemble: Harmonices Mundi
  • Notes: Vereinshaus, Lengmoos, Süd-Tirol (07/26/2009-07/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Handel, George Frideric : Amor gioje mi porge, for 2 soprano voices & continuo, HWV180
  • Performers: Gemma Bertagnoli; Susanne Rydén (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Claudio Astronio
  • Ensemble: Harmonices Mundi
  • Notes: Vereinshaus, Lengmoos, Süd-Tirol (07/26/2009-07/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1707-1709

>Handel, George Frideric : Work(s) :: Entrée
  • Conductor: Claudio Astronio
  • Ensemble: Harmonices Mundi
  • Notes: Vereinshaus, Lengmoos, Süd-Tirol (07/26/2009-07/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Handel, George Frideric : Italian Duets
  • Performers: Gemma Bertagnoli; Susanne Rydén (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Claudio Astronio
  • Ensemble: Harmonices Mundi
  • Notes: Vereinshaus, Lengmoos, Süd-Tirol (07/26/2009-07/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Handel, George Frideric : Toccata
  • Conductor: Claudio Astronio
  • Ensemble: Harmonices Mundi
  • Notes: Vereinshaus, Lengmoos, Süd-Tirol (07/26/2009-07/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1715

>Handel, George Frideric : Ahi nelle sorti umane, cantata for 2 sopranos & continuo, HWV 179
  • Performers: Gemma Bertagnoli; Susanne Rydén (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Claudio Astronio
  • Ensemble: Harmonices Mundi
  • Notes: Vereinshaus, Lengmoos, Süd-Tirol (07/26/2009-07/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 1745

>Handel, George Frideric : Work(s) :: Prelude
  • Conductor: Claudio Astronio
  • Ensemble: Harmonices Mundi
  • Notes: Vereinshaus, Lengmoos, Süd-Tirol (07/26/2009-07/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Handel, George Frideric : No, di voi non vo' fidarmi, duet for 2 sopranos & continuo, HWV 189
  • Conductor: Claudio Astronio
  • Ensemble: Harmonices Mundi
  • Notes: Vereinshaus, Lengmoos, Süd-Tirol (07/26/2009-07/29/2009)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1741