1 800 222 6872

Elegies & Ecstasies

Audio Samples

>Kirchner, Shawn : Unclouded Day, song for chorus
>Palestrina, Giovanni : Sicut cervus
>Shank, Joshua : A Grass-Green Pillow, song
>Traditional, American : Father Adieu
>Britten, Benjamin : Flower Songs
>     The Ballad of Green Broom
>Irglova, Marketa : Falling Slowly, song (for the film "Once")
>Lang, David : I Lie
>Feigenbaum, Stephen : Clair de lune, song for chorus
>Kirchner, Shawn : Bright Morning Stars, song for chorus
>Prince : Purple Rain

Album Summary

>Kirchner, Shawn : Unclouded Day, song for chorus
>Palestrina, Giovanni : Sicut cervus
>Shank, Joshua : A Grass-Green Pillow, song
>Traditional, American : Father Adieu
>Britten, Benjamin : Flower Songs
>Irglova, Marketa : Falling Slowly, song (for the film "Once")
>Lang, David : I Lie
>Feigenbaum, Stephen : Clair de lune, song for chorus
>Kirchner, Shawn : Bright Morning Stars, song for chorus
>Prince : Purple Rain
Performers Composers
Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: St. James-by-the-Sea, La Jolla, California (03/04/2012-03/06/2012).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Kirchner, Shawn : Unclouded Day, song for chorus
  • Performers: Krishan Oberoi; Shawn Kirchner (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Palestrina, Giovanni : Sicut cervus
  • Performers: Shawn Kirchner (Piano); Krishan Oberoi
  • Running Time: 3 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1584

>Shank, Joshua : A Grass-Green Pillow, song
  • Performers: Krishan Oberoi; Shawn Kirchner (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Traditional, American : Father Adieu
  • Performers: Krishan Oberoi; Shawn Kirchner (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 55 sec.

>Britten, Benjamin : Flower Songs :: The Ballad of Green Broom
  • Performers: Krishan Oberoi; Shawn Kirchner (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1949

>Markéta Irglová (1988 - ) : Falling Slowly, song (for the film "Once")
  • Performers: Krishan Oberoi; Shawn Kirchner (Piano)
  • Notes: This work was written in collaboration with Glen Hansard (1970 - ).
  • Running Time: 3 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Lang, David : I Lie
  • Performers: Krishan Oberoi; Shawn Kirchner (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 2001

>Feigenbaum, Stephen : Clair de lune, song for chorus
  • Performers: Krishan Oberoi; Shawn Kirchner (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 2007

>Kirchner, Shawn : Bright Morning Stars, song for chorus
  • Performers: Krishan Oberoi; Shawn Kirchner (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Prince : Purple Rain
  • Performers: Krishan Oberoi; Shawn Kirchner (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary