- Wagner — Tristan und Isolde, Act I: Prelude
- Wagner — Tristan und Isolde, Act I Scene 1: Westwarts schweift der Blick (a Young Sailor, Isolde, Brangane) $0.99 on iTunes
- Wagner — Tristan und Isolde, Act I Scene 2: Frisch weht der Wind (a Young Sailor, Isolde, Brangane, Tristan, Kurwenal, Sailors) $0.99 on iTunes
- Wagner — Tristan und Isolde, Act I Scene 3: Weh! Ach wehe! Dies zu dulden! (Brangane, Isolde)
- Wagner — Tristan und Isolde, Act I Scene 4: Auf! Auf! Ihr Frauen! (Kurwenal, Isolde, Brangane) $0.99 on iTunes
- Wagner — Tristan und Isolde, Act I Scene 5: Begehrt, Herrin (Tristan, Isolde, Brangane, Kurwenal)
- Wagner — Tristan und Isolde, Act II: Prelude $0.99 on iTunes
- Wagner — Tristan und Isolde, Act II Scene 1: Horst du sie noch? (Isolde, Brangane)
- Wagner — Tristan und Isolde, Act II Scene 2: Isolde! Geliebte! (Tristan, Isolde)
- Wagner — Tristan und Isolde, Act II Scene 3: Rette dich, Tristan! (Kurwenal, Tristan, Melot) $0.99 on iTunes
- Wagner — Tristan und Isolde, Act III: Prelude $0.99 on iTunes
- Wagner — Tristan und Isolde, Act III Scene 1: Kurwenal! He! (A Shepherd, Tristan, Kurwenal)
- Wagner — Tristan und Isolde, Act III Scene 1: Die alte Weise sagt mir’s wieder (Tristan, Kurwenal)
- Wagner — Tristan und Isolde, Act III Scene 2: O, die Sonne! Ha, dieser Tag! (Tristan, Isolde) $0.99 on iTunes
- Wagner — Tristan und Isolde, Act III Scene 3: Kurwenal! Hor! (A Shepherd, Kurwenal, Brangane, Melot, Marke) $0.99 on iTunes
- Wagner — Tristan und Isolde, Act III Scene 3: Mild und leise wie er lachelt, "Isoldes Liebestod" (Isolde) $0.99 on iTunes
Notes & Reviews:
The fifth release in the new Wagner Edition, comprising all ten major operas performed by the Rundfunk-Sinfonieorchester and Chor with Marek Janowski, proves to be as stunning and fascinating of character as each of the previous installments. The project is unique in being the first edition of Wagner's operas with the same musical forces. A phenomenal achievement.
American Record Guide, March / April 2013
If you want a Tristan in the best possible sound with lovely playing, good conducting, and decent singing, this is a good candidate. Böhm (quite good sound, performance in flames), Furtwangler or Barenboim I at Bayreuth (DVD, very good sound, quite intense performance), you will encounter this fantastic work.
Gramophone Magazine, February 2013
It is something of a miracle that a recording of Tristan and Isolde as accomplished as this one can emerge from a single concert performance... It is highly dramatic, tremendously well sustained and very well recorded, so that the mighty structure and the richly blended textures emerge with unusual clarity and immediacy.
BBC Music Magazine, February 2013
Janowski demands heroic efforts in speed and intensity. He favours a swift performance, and in this live Tristan that means more excitement than emotion. Soprano Nina Stemme is the ranking Isolde of our time; she has a beautiful voice and paces herself perfectly. But I can't hear much passion in the delivery.
Financial Times, 5th January 2013
Tristan confirms Nina Stemme as the Isolde de nos jours. She and Stephen Gould are at their best in the Act 2 love duet, which obliges them to sing lyrically. Gould's Tristan is otherwise rough and ready.
Sunday Times, 4th November 2012
This finds [Stemme] at her glorious peak, making much more of the text than in her previous recordings. She now stands proud as the leading Isolde and Brünnhilde of her generation and an interpreter to rank with her greatest predecessors on disc...[Gould] is probably the darkest-voiced contemporary interpreter of the exhausting part, and he is tireless and touching, if not always tonally alluring.
Recording information: Berlin Philharmonie (03/27/2012).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Beethoven: The Piano Sonatas Vol 3 / András Schiff
Franz Schreker: Der Schatzgräber / Protschka, Schnaut, Stamm
Wagner: Das Rheingold / Tomasz Konieczny; Christian Elsner; Iris Vermillion; Gunther Groisbock. Marek Janowski (live, 11/22/12)
Handel: Giulio Cesare / Marie-Nicole Lemieux; Karina Gauvin; Emöke Baráth; Romina Basso; Filippo; Mineccia; Johannes Weisser; Milena Storti; Gianluca Buratto
Messiaen: Turangalila-Symphonie / Cynthia Millar, Steven Osborne, Bergen Philharmonic
Peteris Vasks - works for violin & string orchestra: Vox Amoris; Tala Gaisma; Vientulais engeli / Alina Pogostkina, violin
Fernando Lopes-Graca: Symphony; Rustic Suite; December Poem / Cassuto
Xavier Montsalvatge: Canciones & Conciertos / Barton Pine; Duchonova; Lin
Beethoven: The Piano Sonatas Vol 6 / András Schiff
Works DetailsWagner, Richard : Tristan und Isolde
- Conductor: Marek Janowski
- Ensemble: Berlin Radio Symphony Orchestra
- Running Time: 130 min. 34 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1857-1859