- Barrett — Dark Matter: The Empire of Lights
- Barrett — Dark Matter: Transmission I $0.99 on iTunes
- Barrett — Dark Matter: Khasma
- Barrett — Dark Matter: Transmission II $0.99 on iTunes
- Barrett — Dark Matter: De vita coelitus comparanda $0.99 on iTunes
- Barrett — Dark Matter: Transmission III $0.99 on iTunes
- Barrett — Dark Matter: Ars magna lucis et umbrae - Transmission IV
- Barrett — Dark Matter: Transmission V $0.99 on iTunes
- Barrett — Dark Matter: Katasterismoi
- Barrett — Dark Matter: Sounds $0.99 on iTunes
- Barrett — Dark Matter: Transmission VI $0.99 on iTunes
Notes & Reviews:
"Dark Matter", scored for an ensemble of 19 performers plus live and pre-recorded electronics, sets secret Egyptian texts carved on the walls of sarcophagi in the pyramids of 2400BC, alongside fragments from Lucretius and other Greek writers on the nature of matter, the stars and other worlds and ending with Samuel Beckett's 'Sounds'.
Gramophone Magazine, April 2013
Although Barrett's music is indeed dark, it is also many other things, often at the same time: playful, unnerving and often surprisingly transparent...Composer and performers seem wonderfully attuned so that, for me at least, the most memorable passages are often associated with a performer...Congratulations to all concerned.
Recording information: Scene 4, Kunsthogskole, Oslo National Academy of the Ar (08/20/2005-08/21/2005).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Richard Causton (b.1971): 'Millenium Scenes' - Chamber Symphony & other works
Alexander Goehr (b.1932): Since Brass Nor Stone; Clarinet Quintet; Manere, Op. 81 / Colin Currie, percussion
Strange Paths - works by Michael Gordon; Iannis Xenakis; Brian Ferneyhough / Justin DeHart, percussion
Steven Holochwost (b. 1978): Sounding Surfaces - 5 Etudes, Op. 5; String Trio, Op. 2b; 5 Preludes, Op. 1; Clarinet Trio
Music of Dmitri Tymoczko: Crackpot Hymnal / John Blacklow, piano; Kevin Weng-Yew Mayner, bass; Daniel Schlosberg, piano
Fartein Valen: String Quartets / Hansakvartetten [2 Blu-Ray Audio + SACD]
Arnold Rosner: Musique de Clavecin; Sonatine d'Amour; Daniel Pinkham: Partita for Harpsichord / Barbara Harbach, harpsichord
Schumann and His Daughters: Drei Klaviersonaten fur die Jugend, Op. 118; Klavierbuchlein fur Marie; Album fur die Jugend, Op. 68 "Anhang"; Wiegenliedc / Florian Uhlig, piano
Robert Kahn: Piano Quartet no 2; 7 Songs from "Jungbrunnen" for voice & piano trio; Serenade for String Trio / Hohenstaufen Ens.
Works DetailsBarrett, Richard : Dark Matter, for ensemble
- Conductor: Christian Eggen
- Ensemble: Elision Ensemble
- Notes: Scene 4, Kunsthogskole, Oslo National Academy of the Arts, Norway (08/20/2005-08/21/2005)
- Running Time: 77 min. 36 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Studio/Live: Live