Notes & Reviews:
In the complete works of Heinrich Schütz, performed by the Dresdner Kammerchor under the direction of Hans-Christoph Rademann, the fifth installment presents the Cantiones Sacrae (SWV 53 - 93). In 1625 Schütz published this collection as his opus 4 using texts from the prayer book of Andreas Musculus, which is based in part on psalms and verses from the Song of Songs. "Historically informed - interpreted today," Rademann and the Dresdner Kammerchor present Schütz as an open invitation for new discovery.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Stadtkirche "Zum Heiligan Namen Gottes", Radeberg (02/13/2012-02/17/2012).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsHeinrich Schütz (Composer) (1585 - 1672) : Cantiones Sacrae, motets (41) for 4 voices & continuo, SWV 53-93 (Op. 4)
- Performers: Frauke Hess (Violin); Ludger Remy (Organ)
- Conductor: Hans-Christoph Rademann
- Ensemble: Dresden Chamber Choir
- Notes: Stadtkirche "Zum Heiligan Namen Gottes", Radeberg (02/13/2012-02/17/2012)
- Running Time: 100 min. 10 sec.
- Period Time: Baroque