- Benjamin Hulett (Voice)
- Gerhild Romberger (Alto)
- David Wilson-Johnson (Baritone)
- Marlis Petersen (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
This major work of the sacred repertoire, high on the list alongside Bach's Mass in B minor and the Mozart Requiem, is Beethoven's longest work and assuredly the one that demanded the most work. The composer even considered the Mass his finest work. Philippe Herreweghe shares this opinion, and judges the Missa solemnis to be one of the apogees in the history of classical music. With four superb soloists and a refined chorus and orchestra, Philippe Herreweghe invites us to a thoroughly transcendental experience.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Contertgebouw Brugge (11/16/2011-11/19/2011).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsBeethoven, Ludwig van : Missa solemnis in D major, Op. 123
- Performers: Benjamin Hulett (Voice); Gerhild Romberger (Alto); David Wilson-Johnson (Baritone); Marlis Petersen (Soprano)
- Conductor: Philippe Herreweghe
- Ensemble: Collegium Vocale Gent
- Notes: Contertgebouw Brugge (11/16/2011-11/19/2011)
- Running Time: 74 min. 37 sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Form: Choral
- Written: 1819-1823