- Dario Marianelli (Piano)
- Matthew Hunt (Clarinet)
- Jack Liebeck (Violin)
- Hannah Peel (Music Box)
- Eddie Hession (Accordion)
- Caroline Dale (Cello)
Personnel: Jody Jenkins (programming).
Recording information: Air Lyndhurst Recording Studios.
Befitting its tale of star-crossed love in Russia's late 19th century high society, Joe Wright's film adaptation of Leo Tolstoy's classic novel Anna Karenina boasts a sweeping score indebted to that era's orchestral music as well as Eastern European folk music traditions. Throughout, Dario Marianelli's score upholds the sumptuousness -- and menace -- of Wright's period piece on grand-sounding tracks such as "Kitty's Debut" and "A Birthday Present" as well as more intimate cues like "The Girl and the Birch" and "Anna's Last Train."
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMarianelli, Dario : Anna Karenina, film score
- Performers: Dario Marianelli (Piano); Matthew Hunt (Clarinet); Jack Liebeck (Violin); Hannah Peel (Music Box); Eddie Hession (Accordion); Caroline Dale (Cello)
- Conductor: Benjamin Wallfisch
- Running Time: 3 min. 20 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Form: Film Score
- Written: 2012