1 800 222 6872

Messages to Myself: New Music for Chorus A Cappella / Michael Gilbertson, Zachary Patten, Daniel Brewbaker, Christina Thomas et al.

Audio Samples

>Gilbertson, Michael : Madrigals (3) after Dowland, for vocals & chorus
>Patten, Zachary : Magnificat, Amen, for vocals & chorus
>Thomas, Christina Whitten : Choral de Betes, for chorus
>Brewbaker, Daniel : Mother, Father, for chorus
>Ranjbaran, Behzad : We Are One, for chorus
>Theofanidis, Christopher : Messages to Myself, for chorus
>Convery, Robert : The Lamb, for chorus
>Kernis, Aaron J. : Ecstatic Meditations, for chorus
>     Effortlessly, Love Flows
>Levine, Elliot Z. : I Thank You God, for voice & chorus

Album Summary

>Gilbertson, Michael : Madrigals (3) after Dowland, for vocals & chorus
>Patten, Zachary : Magnificat, Amen, for vocals & chorus
>Thomas, Christina Whitten : Choral de Betes, for chorus
>Brewbaker, Daniel : Mother, Father, for chorus
>Ranjbaran, Behzad : We Are One, for chorus
>Theofanidis, Christopher : Messages to Myself, for chorus
>Convery, Robert : The Lamb, for chorus
>Kernis, Aaron J. : Ecstatic Meditations, for chorus
>Levine, Elliot Z. : I Thank You God, for voice & chorus
Performers Conductor Ensembles Composers

Notes & Reviews:

A recording of new music for a cappella chorus is performed by Musica Sacra, a chorus founded in 1964. This is their first recording in more than 20 years.

American Record Guide, May/June 2013
This is a sweetly sonorous and technically refined chamber ensemble of just under 30 voices, and Tritle has surely drawn some of New York's finest vocalists to its ranks. MSR gives them their full due, with both a useful booklet and first-rate sound.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Mary Flagler Cary Hall, DiMenna Center for Classical Mu (05/2011).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Gilbertson, Michael : Madrigals (3) after Dowland, for vocals & chorus
  • Conductor: Kent Tritle
  • Ensemble: Musica Sacra
  • Running Time: 14 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 2008

>Patten, Zachary : Magnificat, Amen, for vocals & chorus
  • Performers: Lianne Coble (Voice); Drew Martin (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Kent Tritle
  • Running Time: 8 min. 27 sec.
  • Form: Choral

>Thomas, Christina Whitten : Choral de Bêtes, for chorus
  • Conductor: Kent Tritle
  • Running Time: 11 min. 25 sec.
  • Written: 2004

>Brewbaker, Daniel : Mother, Father, for chorus
  • Conductor: Kent Tritle
  • Running Time: 15 min. 47 sec.

>Ranjbaran, Behzad : We Are One, for chorus
  • Conductor: Kent Tritle
  • Running Time: 4 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 2008

>Theofanidis, Christopher : Messages to Myself, for chorus
  • Conductor: Kent Tritle
  • Running Time: 11 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 2007

>Convery, Robert : The Lamb, for chorus
  • Conductor: Kent Tritle
  • Running Time: 3 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Kernis, Aaron J. : Ecstatic Meditations, for chorus :: Effortlessly, Love Flows
  • Conductor: Kent Tritle
  • Running Time: 3 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1996-1999

>Levine, Elliot Z. : I Thank You God, for voice & chorus
  • Performer: Drew Martin (Tenor)
  • Conductor: Kent Tritle
  • Running Time: 3 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 1991