1 800 222 6872

Heavenly Choral Classics

Audio Samples

>Parry, Charles H. : I Was Glad (Psalm 122), anthem for chorus & organ (or orchestra)
>Fauré, Gabriel : Cantique de Jean Racine, Op. 11
>Parry, Charles H. : Dear Lord and Father of mankind (Tune
>     Repton), anthem
>Irvine, Jessie Seymour : The Lord's My Shepherd, hymn ("Crimond")
>Stanford, Charles Villiers : Bible Songs (6), Op. 113
>Rutter, John : What sweeter music
>Wesley, Samuel Sebastian : Blessed be the God and Father
>Franck, César : Panis angelicus
>Brahms, Johannes : German Requiem, Op. 45
>     How lovely are thy dwellings fair
>Rheinberger, Joseph : Abendlied, for chorus, Op. 69/3
>Rutter, John : Lord bless you and keep you
>Pearsall, Robert Lucas : Lay a garland on her hearse
>Fauré, Gabriel : Requiem, Op. 48
>     Pie Jesu
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" BWV 147
>     Jesu Joy
>Elgar, Edward : Ave verum corpus, Op. 2 no 1
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Greater Love Hath No Man, motet for treble, baritone, chorus & organ
>Stopford, Philip : Come down O love divine, for chorus & organ
>Stopford, Philip : Irish blessing, for chorus & organ
>Stopford, Philip : All things bright and beautiful, for chorus & organ

Album Summary

>Parry, Charles H. : I Was Glad (Psalm 122), anthem for chorus & organ (or orchestra)
>Fauré, Gabriel : Cantique de Jean Racine, Op. 11
>Parry, Charles H. : Dear Lord and Father of mankind (Tune
>Irvine, Jessie Seymour : The Lord's My Shepherd, hymn ("Crimond")
>Stanford, Charles Villiers : Bible Songs (6), Op. 113
>Rutter, John : What sweeter music
>Wesley, Samuel Sebastian : Blessed be the God and Father
>Franck, César : Panis angelicus
>Brahms, Johannes : German Requiem, Op. 45
>Rheinberger, Joseph : Abendlied, for chorus, Op. 69/3
>Rutter, John : Lord bless you and keep you
>Pearsall, Robert Lucas : Lay a garland on her hearse
>Fauré, Gabriel : Requiem, Op. 48
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" BWV 147
>Elgar, Edward : Ave verum corpus, Op. 2 no 1
>Ireland, John [Composer] : Greater Love Hath No Man, motet for treble, baritone, chorus & organ
>Stopford, Philip : Come down O love divine, for chorus & organ
>Stopford, Philip : Irish blessing, for chorus & organ
>Stopford, Philip : All things bright and beautiful, for chorus & organ
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Eighty minutes of the world's most divine music are represented on this compilation from Priory.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Parry, Charles H. : I Was Glad (Psalm 122), anthem for chorus & organ (or orchestra)
  • Running Time: 5 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1902

>Gabriel Fauré (1845 - 1924) : Cantique de Jean Racine, Op. 11
  • Running Time: 4 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1865

>Parry, Charles H. : Dear Lord and Father of mankind (Tune :: Repton), anthem
  • Running Time: 3 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1888

>Irvine, Jessie Seymour : The Lord's My Shepherd, hymn ("Crimond")
  • Running Time: 3 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Choral

>Stanford, Charles Villiers : Bible Songs (6), Op. 113
  • Running Time: 4 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Rutter, John : What sweeter music
  • Running Time: 4 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 1988

>Wesley, Samuel Sebastian : Blessed be the God and Father
  • Running Time: 8 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1833/1884

>César Franck (1822 - 1890) : Panis angelicus
  • Performers: Lynda Barrett (Voice); Lynda Barrett (Voice)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1872

>Brahms, Johannes : German Requiem, Op. 45 :: How lovely are thy dwellings fair
  • Running Time: 5 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1857-1868

>Rheinberger, Joseph : Abendlied, for chorus, Op. 69/3
  • Running Time: 2 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Rutter, John : Lord bless you and keep you
  • Performers: Lynda Barrett (Voice); Lynda Barrett (Voice)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 1981

>Pearsall, Robert Lucas : Lay a garland on her hearse
  • Running Time: 3 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1840

>Gabriel Fauré (1845 - 1924) : Requiem, Op. 48 :: Pie Jesu
  • Running Time: 3 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1887-1900

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 147, "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" BWV 147 :: Jesu Joy
  • Running Time: 2 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 07/02/1723

>Elgar, Edward : Ave verum corpus, Op. 2 no 1
  • Running Time: 3 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1887

>Ireland, John [Composer] : Greater Love Hath No Man, motet for treble, baritone, chorus & organ
  • Running Time: 6 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1912

>Stopford, Philip : Come down O love divine, for chorus & organ
  • Running Time: 5 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Stopford, Philip : Irish blessing, for chorus & organ
  • Performers: Lynda Barrett (Voice); Lynda Barrett (Voice)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Stopford, Philip : All things bright and beautiful, for chorus & organ
  • Running Time: 2 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary