- Mona Spagele (Voice)
- Manfred Cordes (Organ)
- Peter Kooij
- Thomas Ihlenfeldt (Chitarrone)
- Rogers Covey-Crump (Tenor)
- John Potter
Notes & Reviews:
"...The Cantiones Sacrae are among the finest motets in the affective style of the early baroque, though they are seldom heard...These pieces are usually taken to be choral works, but the Weser-Renaissance does them one singer to a part, and the results are compelling. Intonation, ensemble, and expression are all superior to a typical choral rendition...recommended if you don't need to have these done with a choir. Texts and translations." -Althouse, ARG
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsHeinrich Schütz (Composer) (1585 - 1672) : Cantiones Sacrae, motets (41) for 4 voices & continuo, SWV 53-93 (Op. 4)
- Performers: Mona Spagele (Voice); Manfred Cordes (Organ); Peter Kooij; Thomas Ihlenfeldt (Chitarrone); Rogers Covey-Crump (Tenor); John Potter
- Conductor: Manfred Cordes
- Ensemble: Weser-Renaissance
- Running Time: 103 min. 35 sec.
- Period Time: Baroque