- O. Teregulova (Voice)
- Alexander Voroshilo (Voice)
- L. Yurchenko (Voice)
- Alexandre Arkhipov (Voice)
- Vladimir Atlantov (Tenor)
- Konstantin Baskov (Voice)
- Y. Eyzen (Voice)
- Nina Grigorieva (Alto)
- Konstantin Lisovsky (Tenor)
- Alexei Maslennikov (Tenor)
- Yuri Mazurok (Baritone)
- Evgeny Nesterenko (Voice)
- Larissa Nikitina (Voice)
- N. Nizmenko (Voice)
- N. Novoselova (Voice)
- Yelena Obraztsova (Mezzo-soprano)
- Alexander Ognivtsiev (Voice)
- Y. Skolnikova (Voice)
- S. Suleymanov (Voice)
Notes & Reviews:
A superbly authentic Boris at a near-irresistible price!
The old Bolshoi style was irresistible: huge choruses on stage, dozens of extras - and great personalities.
In this 1982 Boris Godunov (re-mastered 1992, 2012), the voices are well forward... but one senses a performance tradition, a way of declaiming the text that would be impossible for non-Russian singers.
On stage it must have been overwhelming. Ognivtsiev as Pimen sings with beauty and subtlety, Atlantov, is melodramatic (but) the voice is magnificent, as always. Obraztsova is regal and forceful, and relentlessly loud in her dealings with Atlantov. Mazurok is a superbly wily Rangoni.
Conductor Mark Ermler displays all the necessary understanding of the opera. The edition used is now seldom heard but (formerly) the one most often used on both sides of the Iron Curtain. At its super-budget price, this 1982 set is an easy recommendation"Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Bolshoi Theatre (1982).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Carl Nielsen: Complete Symphonies 1-6 / Ole Schmidt, London SO
Tchaikovsky: 8 Symphonies, including 'Manfred'; 'Symphony of Life' / Fedoseyev; Kogan; Skripka; Ivanov
Anthology of Czech Piano Music / Kavpil
J.S. Bach: Piano Music - includes Italian Concerto, Chaconne in D Minor, Toccata & Fugue in D Minor / Tatiana Nikolayeva, piano
Schubert: Erlkonig / Schubert Edition Vol. 7 / Matthias Goerne, baritone; Andreas Haefliger, piano
100 Best Organ Classics
Reinhold Gliere: Piano Works - Morceaux, Opp. 26, 21, 19; Preludes Op. 30; Mazurkas / Corinna Simon: piano
Wagner: Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg / Weikl, Heppner, Studer, Moll, van der Walt, Kallisch. Sawallisch
Britten: Reflections - works for violin or viola & piano / Matthew Jones, violin & viola; Annabel Thwaite, piano
Works DetailsMussorgsky, Modest : Boris Godunov
- Performers: Alexandre Arkhipov (Voice); Vladimir Atlantov (Tenor); Konstantin Baskov (Voice); Y. Eyzen (Voice); Nina Grigorieva (Alto); Konstantin Lisovsky (Tenor); Alexei Maslennikov (Tenor); Yuri Mazurok (Baritone); Evgeny Nesterenko (Voice); Larissa Nikitina (Voice); N. Nizmenko (Voice); N. Novoselova (Voice); Yelena Obraztsova (Mezzo-soprano); Alexander Ognivtsiev (Voice); Y. Skolnikova (Voice); S. Suleymanov (Voice); O. Teregulova (Voice); Alexander Voroshilo (Voice); L. Yurchenko (Voice)
- Conductor: Mark Ermler
- Ensemble: Bolshoi Theatre Orchestra
- Notes: Composition written: 1868-74.
- Running Time: 6 min. 31 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1868-1874