1 800 222 6872

Chopin: Ballades Nos. 1-4, Impromptus Nos. 1-4, Préludes Op.28, Nocturnes / Yuan Sheng, piano

Album Summary

>Chopin, Frédéric : Ballade for Piano no 1 in G minor, B 66/Op. 23
>Chopin, Frédéric : Ballade for Piano no 2 in F major/a minor, B 102/Op. 38
>Chopin, Frédéric : Ballade for Piano no 3 in A flat major, B 136/Op. 47
>Chopin, Frédéric : Ballade for Piano no 4 in F minor, B 146/Op. 52
>Chopin, Frédéric : Impromptu for Piano no 1 in A flat major, B 110/Op. 29
>Chopin, Frédéric : Impromptu for Piano no 2 in F sharp major, B 129/Op. 36
>Chopin, Frédéric : Impromptu for Piano no 3 in G flat major, b 149/Op. 51
>Chopin, Frédéric : Fantasy-Impromptu for piano in C sharp minor, Op. 66, CT. 46
>Chopin, Frédéric : Preludes (24) for Piano, Op. 28
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 1 in B flat minor, Op. 9/1, CT. 108
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 2 in E flat major, Op. 9/2, CT. 109
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 3 in B major, Op. 9/3, CT. 110
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 4 in F major, Op. 15/1, CT. 111
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 5 in F sharp major, Op. 15/2, CT. 112
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 6 in G minor, Op. 15/3, CT. 113
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 7 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/1, CT. 114
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 8 in D flat major, Op. 27/2, CT. 115
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 9 in B major, Op. 32/1, CT. 116
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 10 in A flat major, Op. 32/2, CT. 117
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 11 in G minor, Op. 37/1, CT. 118
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 12 in G major, Op. 37/2, CT. 119
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 13 in C minor, Op. 48/1, CT. 120
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 14 in F sharp minor, Op. 48/2, CT. 121
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 15 in F minor, Op. 55/1, CT. 122
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 16 in E flat major, Op. 55/2, CT. 123
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 17 in B major, Op. 62/1, CT. 124
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 18 in E major, Op. 62/2, CT. 125
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 19 in E minor, Op. 72/1, CT. 126
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Chopin is quoted as having said, "When I feel in good form and strong enough to find my own individual sound, then I need a Pleyel piano," as well as, "Pleyel pianos are the last word in perfection." On this recording, master pianist Yuan Sheng performs on a superb 1845 Pleyel grand piano from the Frederick Historical Piano Collection in Ashburnham, Massachusetts. Sheng plays Chopin's complete Ballades, Impromptus, Préludes and Nocturnes with exquisite taste, poetry and power, fully exploring the instrument's unique possibilities. The booklet contains extensive background information on the instrument and its place in history.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts,.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Chopin, Frédéric : Ballade for Piano no 1 in G minor, B 66/Op. 23
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (05/07/2011-05/09/2011)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1831

>Chopin, Frédéric : Ballade for Piano no 2 in F major/a minor, B 102/Op. 38
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (05/07/2011-05/09/2011)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1839

>Chopin, Frédéric : Ballade for Piano no 3 in A flat major, B 136/Op. 47
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (05/07/2011-05/09/2011)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1841

>Chopin, Frédéric : Ballade for Piano no 4 in F minor, B 146/Op. 52
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (05/07/2011-05/09/2011)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1842-1843

>Chopin, Frédéric : Impromptu for Piano no 1 in A flat major, B 110/Op. 29
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (05/07/2011-05/09/2011)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1837

>Chopin, Frédéric : Impromptu for Piano no 2 in F sharp major, B 129/Op. 36
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (05/07/2011-05/09/2011)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1839

>Chopin, Frédéric : Impromptu for Piano no 3 in G flat major, b 149/Op. 51
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (05/07/2011-05/09/2011)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1842

>Chopin, Frédéric : Fantasy-Impromptu for piano in C sharp minor, Op. 66, CT. 46
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (05/07/2011-05/09/2011)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1834

>Chopin, Frédéric : Preludes (24) for Piano, Op. 28
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (09/26/2010-09/28/2010)
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838-1839

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 1 in B flat minor, Op. 9/1, CT. 108
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (09/26/2010-09/28/2010)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1830-1832

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 2 in E flat major, Op. 9/2, CT. 109
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (09/26/2010-09/28/2010)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1830-1832

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 3 in B major, Op. 9/3, CT. 110
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (09/26/2010-09/28/2010)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1830-1832

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 4 in F major, Op. 15/1, CT. 111
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (09/26/2010-09/28/2010)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1830-1832

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 5 in F sharp major, Op. 15/2, CT. 112
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (09/26/2010-09/28/2010)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1830-1832

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 6 in G minor, Op. 15/3, CT. 113
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (09/26/2010-09/28/2010)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1833

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 7 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/1, CT. 114
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (09/26/2010-09/28/2010)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1835

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 8 in D flat major, Op. 27/2, CT. 115
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (09/26/2010-09/28/2010)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1835

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 9 in B major, Op. 32/1, CT. 116
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (05/07/2011-05/09/2011)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1837

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 10 in A flat major, Op. 32/2, CT. 117
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (05/07/2011-05/09/2011)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1837

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 11 in G minor, Op. 37/1, CT. 118
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (09/26/2010-09/28/2010)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 12 in G major, Op. 37/2, CT. 119
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (09/26/2010-09/28/2010)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1839

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 13 in C minor, Op. 48/1, CT. 120
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (05/07/2011-05/09/2011)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1841

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 14 in F sharp minor, Op. 48/2, CT. 121
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (05/07/2011-05/09/2011)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1841

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 15 in F minor, Op. 55/1, CT. 122
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (05/07/2011-05/09/2011)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1842-1844

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 16 in E flat major, Op. 55/2, CT. 123
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (05/07/2011-05/09/2011)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1842-1844

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 17 in B major, Op. 62/1, CT. 124
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (05/07/2011-05/09/2011)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1846

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 18 in E major, Op. 62/2, CT. 125
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (05/07/2011-05/09/2011)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1846

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 19 in E minor, Op. 72/1, CT. 126
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (05/07/2011-05/09/2011)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1829

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 7 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/1, CT. 114
  • Performer: Yuan Sheng (Piano)
  • Notes: Ashburnham Comunity Church, Ashburnham, Massachusetts, USA (05/07/2011-05/09/2011)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1835