- Elin Thomas (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
The second release from the Choir of King's College, Cambridge's own record label features conductor Stephen Cleobury leading the choir and the Academy of Ancient Music in a performance of Mozart's Requiem. In addition to the complete Sussmayr edition, the recording includes fascinating complete movement realizations by leading composers and musicologists including Michael Finnessy, Robert Levin and Duncan Druce. The recording's stellar line up of special guest soloists includes soprano Elin Manahan Thomas, mezzo Christine Rice, tenor James Gilchrist and bass Christopher Purves. The release also features a unique bonus audio documentary about Mozart's Requiem narrated by Elin Manahan Thomas, with short extracts of music interwoven into the commentary. The choir will be embarking on a major North American tour in April 2013 coinciding with the release.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Chapel of King's College, Cambridge (2011-06-26_2011-06-27&2011-).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Requiem in D minor, K 626
- Performer: Elin Thomas (Soprano)
- Conductor: Stephen Cleobury
- Ensemble: Academy of Ancient Music
- Notes: Chapel of King's College, Cambridge (2011-06-26_2011-06-27&2011-)
- Running Time: 50 min. 46 sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Form: Choral
- Written: 1791
Eisen, Cliff : Mozart's Requiem :: An Audio Documentary
- Notes: Chapel of King's College, Cambridge (08/2012-09/2012); Voiceover Soho (08/2012-09/2012); Chapel of King's College, Cambridge (09/2011); Voiceover Soho (09/2011)
- Running Time: 66 min. 30 sec.