1 800 222 6872

Claviorgan Wonderland - Music by Couperin, Byrd, Kerchhoven, J.S. Bach, Scarlatti, Soler, Bull / Claudio Brizi, claviorgan

Audio Samples

>Couperin, François : Le Reveil-matin, for harpsichord (Pieces de clavecin, I, 4e ordre)
>Anonymous : Sir Thomas Fairfax's March, for keyboard
>Byrd, William : The Battle, for keyboard, MB 94
>     The Drum and Flute
>Kerckhove, Abraham van den : Fantasia, for organ in D minor
>Anonymous, English : My Lady Carey's Dompe (Royal, App. 58)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Nun freut euch, liebe Christen, BWV 734
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christ, unser Herr, zum Jordan kam, BWV 684
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in D minor, BWV 565
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland, BWV 659
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F Major, K 85/L 166
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F major, K 82/L 30
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F major, K 78/L 75
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Violin and Harpsichord in D minor, K 89/L 211
>Soler, Antonio [Composer] : Fandango for keyboard in D minor, No 146
>Correa de Arrauxo, Francisco : Quinto tiento de medio registro de tiple de septimo tono (Libro de tientos y discursos, no 29), for
>Correa de Arrauxo, Francisco : Todo el mundo en general
>Correa de Arrauxo, Francisco : Tres Glosas sobre Todo el mundo en general
>Bull, John : Doctor Bull's Goodnight, for keyboard, MB 143

Album Summary

>Couperin, François : Le Reveil-matin, for harpsichord (Pieces de clavecin, I, 4e ordre)
>Anonymous : Sir Thomas Fairfax's March, for keyboard
>Byrd, William : The Battle, for keyboard, MB 94
>Kerckhove, Abraham van den : Fantasia, for organ in D minor
>Anonymous, English : My Lady Carey's Dompe (Royal, App. 58)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Nun freut euch, liebe Christen, BWV 734
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christ, unser Herr, zum Jordan kam, BWV 684
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in D minor, BWV 565
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland, BWV 659
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F Major, K 85/L 166
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F major, K 82/L 30
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F major, K 78/L 75
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Violin and Harpsichord in D minor, K 89/L 211
>Soler, Antonio [Composer] : Fandango for keyboard in D minor, No 146
>Correa de Arrauxo, Francisco : Quinto tiento de medio registro de tiple de septimo tono (Libro de tientos y discursos, no 29), for
>Correa de Arrauxo, Francisco : Todo el mundo en general
>Correa de Arrauxo, Francisco : Tres Glosas sobre Todo el mundo en general
>Bull, John : Doctor Bull's Goodnight, for keyboard, MB 143
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Claudio Brizi studied at the Conservatory in Perugia and Bologna. He has performed more than 2,000 concerts, both as a solo player and chamber musician. His discography includes more than 60 CDs, with repertoire ranging from the Renaissance to the avant-garde.

American Record Guide, September/October 2013
This recording is full of special timbre combinations. In the anonymous Elizabethan dance, 'My Lady Carey's Dompe', the sound of the lute stop combined with the mellowness of the organ creates a hypnotic atmosphere. Brizi's choice to put the manual part in the harpsichord and the choral tune in the pedal in Bach's chorales 'Nun Freut Euch' and 'Christ, unser Herr' contributes to the pieces' powerful and effective delivery.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Italy (2011-??-??&2010-??-??&2009-).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>François Couperin (1668 - 1733) : Le Réveil-matin, for harpsichord (Pièces de clavecin, I, 4e ordre)
  • Performer: Claudio Brizi (Claviorgan)
  • Notes: Complesso Museale di Santa Croce, Umbertide, Italy (02/19/2011-02/20/2011)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Anonymous : Sir Thomas Fairfax's March, for keyboard
  • Performer: Claudio Brizi (Claviorgan)
  • Notes: Complesso Museale di Santa Croce, Umbertide, Italy (02/18/2010-02/20/2010)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 10 sec.
  • Form: March

>Byrd, William : The Battle, for keyboard, MB 94 :: The Drum and Flute
  • Performer: Claudio Brizi (Claviorgan)
  • Notes: Complesso Museale di Santa Croce, Umbertide, Italy (02/18/2010-02/20/2010)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Kerckhove, Abraham van den : Fantasia, for organ in D minor
  • Performer: Claudio Brizi (Claviorgan)
  • Notes: Complesso Museale di Santa Croce, Umbertide, Italy (02/19/2011-02/20/2011)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Anonymous, English : My Lady Carey's Dompe (Royal, App. 58)
  • Performer: Claudio Brizi (Claviorgan)
  • Notes: Complesso Museale di Santa Croce, Umbertide, Italy (02/18/2010-02/20/2010)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1524

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Nun freut euch, liebe Christen, BWV 734
  • Performer: Claudio Brizi (Claviorgan)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1751

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christ, unser Herr, zum Jordan kam, BWV 684
  • Performer: Claudio Brizi (Claviorgan)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata and Fugue for Organ in D minor, BWV 565
  • Performer: Claudio Brizi (Claviorgan)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1708

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland, BWV 659
  • Performer: Claudio Brizi (Claviorgan)
  • Notes: Complesso Museale di Santa Croce, Umbertide, Italy (02/18/2010-02/20/2010)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1723

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F Major, K 85/L 166
  • Performer: Claudio Brizi (Claviorgan)
  • Notes: Complesso Museale di Santa Croce, Umbertide, Italy (02/18/2010-02/20/2010)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F major, K 82/L 30
  • Performer: Claudio Brizi (Claviorgan)
  • Notes: Complesso Museale di Santa Croce, Umbertide, Italy (02/18/2010-02/20/2010)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F major, K 78/L 75
  • Performer: Claudio Brizi (Claviorgan)
  • Notes: Complesso Museale di Santa Croce, Umbertide, Italy (02/18/2010-02/20/2010)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Violin and Harpsichord in D minor, K 89/L 211
  • Performer: Claudio Brizi (Claviorgan)
  • Notes: Antica abbazia Fruttuariense di San Gemolo in Ganna, Ganna, Italy (10/13/2010-10/16/2010)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Soler, Antonio [Composer] : Fandango for keyboard in D minor, No 146
  • Performer: Claudio Brizi (Claviorgan)
  • Notes: Antica abbazia Fruttuariense di San Gemolo in Ganna, Ganna, Italy (10/13/2010-10/16/2010)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: circa 1770

>Correa de Arrauxo, Francisco : Quinto tiento de medio registro de tiple de septimo tono (Libro de tientos y discursos, no 29), for
  • Performer: Claudio Brizi (Claviorgan)
  • Notes: Complesso Museale di Santa Croce, Umbertide, Italy (02/19/2011-02/20/2011)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Correa de Arrauxo, Francisco : Todo el mundo en general
  • Performer: Claudio Brizi (Claviorgan)
  • Notes: Antica abbazia Fruttuariense di San Gemolo in Ganna, Ganna, Italy (10/13/2010-10/16/2010)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Correa de Arrauxo, Francisco : Tres Glosas sobre Todo el mundo en general
  • Performer: Claudio Brizi (Claviorgan)
  • Notes: Antica abbazia Fruttuariense di San Gemolo in Ganna, Ganna, Italy (10/13/2010-10/16/2010)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Bull, John : Doctor Bull's Goodnight, for keyboard, MB 143
  • Performer: Claudio Brizi (Claviorgan)
  • Notes: Complesso Museale di Santa Croce, Umbertide, Italy (02/19/2011-02/20/2011)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance