1 800 222 6872

J.S. Bach: Concerti, Capriccio & Aria / Olivier Cavé, piano

> Keyboard Concerto in F Major, BWV 978 (arr. of Vivaldi's Violin Concerto in G Major, RV 310) - I. Allegro
> Keyboard Concerto in F Major, BWV 978 (arr. of Vivaldi's Violin Concerto in G Major, RV 310) - II. Largo
> Keyboard Concerto in F Major, BWV 978 (arr. of Vivaldi's Violin Concerto in G Major, RV 310) - III. Allegro
> Keyboard Concerto in D Minor, BWV 974 (after A. Marcello's Oboe Concerto) - I. [Andante]
> Keyboard Concerto in D Minor, BWV 974 (after A. Marcello's Oboe Concerto) - II. Adagio
> Keyboard Concerto in D Minor, BWV 974 (after A. Marcello's Oboe Concerto) - III. Presto
> Keyboard Concerto in G Major, BWV 973 (arr. of Vivaldi's Violin Concerto in G Major, RV 299) - I. [Allegro]
> Keyboard Concerto in G Major, BWV 973 (arr. of Vivaldi's Violin Concerto in G Major, RV 299) - II. Largo
> Keyboard Concerto in G Major, BWV 973 (arr. of Vivaldi's Violin Concerto in G Major, RV 299) - III. Allegro
> Keyboard Concerto in C Minor, BWV 981 (arr. of B. Marcello's Concerto, Op. 1, No. 2) - I. Adagio
> Keyboard Concerto in C Minor, BWV 981 (arr. of B. Marcello's Concerto, Op. 1, No. 2) - II. Vivace
> Keyboard Concerto in C Minor, BWV 981 (arr. of B. Marcello's Concerto, Op. 1, No. 2) - III. [Adagio]
> Keyboard Concerto in C Minor, BWV 981 (arr. of B. Marcello's Concerto, Op. 1, No. 2) - IV. Prestissimo
> Concerto in the Italian Style in F Major, BWV 971, "Italian Concerto" - I. [Allegro]
> Concerto in the Italian Style in F Major, BWV 971, "Italian Concerto" - II. Andante
> Concerto in the Italian Style in F Major, BWV 971, "Italian Concerto" - III. Presto
> Aria variata in A Minor, BWV 989 - Aria
> Aria variata in A Minor, BWV 989 - Variation 1
> Aria variata in A Minor, BWV 989 - Variation 2
> Aria variata in A Minor, BWV 989 - Variation 3
> Aria variata in A Minor, BWV 989 - Variation 4
> Aria variata in A Minor, BWV 989 - Variation 5
> Aria variata in A Minor, BWV 989 - Variation 6
> Aria variata in A Minor, BWV 989 - Variation 7
> Aria variata in A Minor, BWV 989 - Variation 8
> Aria variata in A Minor, BWV 989 - Variation 9
> Aria variata in A Minor, BWV 989 - Variation 10
> Capriccio sopra la lontananza del fratello dilettissmo in B-Flat Major, BWV 992 - I. Arioso: Adagio
> Capriccio sopra la lontananza del fratello dilettissmo in B-Flat Major, BWV 992 - II. —
> Capriccio sopra la lontananza del fratello dilettissmo in B-Flat Major, BWV 992 - III. Adagiosissimo
> Capriccio sopra la lontananza del fratello dilettissmo in B-Flat Major, BWV 992 - IV. —
> Capriccio sopra la lontananza del fratello dilettissmo in B-Flat Major, BWV 992 - V. Aria di Postiglione: Allegro poco
> Capriccio sopra la lontananza del fratello dilettissmo in B-Flat Major, BWV 992 - VI. Fugue all'imitatione di Posta

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for solo keyboard no 7 in F major (after Vivaldi Op. 3/3, RV 310), BWV 978 (BC L190)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto in D minor after Alessandro Marcello, BWV 974
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for solo keyboard no 2 in G major (after Vivaldi Op. 7/2, RV 299), BWV 973 (BC L191)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for solo keyboard no 10 in C minor (after Benedetto Marcello), BWV 981 (BC L195)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Italian Concerto in F major, BWV 971
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Aria Variata in a, BWV 989 "In the Italian Style"
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Capriccio in B flat major on the Departure of his Most Beloved Brother, BWV 992
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

After two previously successful discs, devoted to Scarlatti and Clementi, pianist Olivier Cavé pursues a Bach project. Bach never tired of copying by hand the music of others. He reproduced and adapted works, namely Italian music, as a way of achieving personal synthesis and creation. These beautiful transcriptions are precisely at the origin of one of his master pieces, the Italian Concerto.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Teldex Studio, Berlin (12/01/2012-12/03/2012).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for solo keyboard no 7 in F major (after Vivaldi Op. 3/3, RV 310), BWV 978 (BC L190)
  • Performer: Olivier Cave (Piano)
  • Notes: Teldex Studio, Berlin (12/01/2012-12/03/2012)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1713-1714

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto in D minor after Alessandro Marcello, BWV 974
  • Performer: Olivier Cave (Piano)
  • Notes: Teldex Studio, Berlin (12/01/2012-12/03/2012)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1713-1714

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for solo keyboard no 2 in G major (after Vivaldi Op. 7/2, RV 299), BWV 973 (BC L191)
  • Performer: Olivier Cave (Piano)
  • Notes: Teldex Studio, Berlin (12/01/2012-12/03/2012)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1713-1714

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for solo keyboard no 10 in C minor (after Benedetto Marcello), BWV 981 (BC L195)
  • Performer: Olivier Cave (Piano)
  • Notes: Teldex Studio, Berlin (12/01/2012-12/03/2012)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1713-1714

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Italian Concerto in F major, BWV 971
  • Performer: Olivier Cave (Piano)
  • Notes: Teldex Studio, Berlin (12/01/2012-12/03/2012)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1735

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Aria Variata in a, BWV 989 "In the Italian Style"
  • Performer: Olivier Cave (Piano)
  • Notes: Teldex Studio, Berlin (12/01/2012-12/03/2012)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1710

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Capriccio in B flat major on the Departure of his Most Beloved Brother, BWV 992
  • Performer: Olivier Cave (Piano)
  • Notes: Teldex Studio, Berlin (12/01/2012-12/03/2012)
  • Running Time: 9 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1705