1 800 222 6872

Classical Music for Dogs - works by Liszt, Debussy, Mendelssohn, Beethoven, Handel, Elgar et al. / Andreas Schiff, Radu Lupu

Audio Samples

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite no 3 in D, BWV 1068
>     2. Air
>Pachelbel, Johann : Canon and Gigue for 3 Violins and Basso Continuo in D major
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a
>     Dance of the Sugar-Plum Fairy
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 2 in E flat major, Op. 9/2, CT. 109
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue in C major, BWV 846 (The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1)
>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Flight of the Bumblebee
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : An der schonen, blauen Donau, Op. 314
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/2 "Moonlight"
>     1. Adagio sostenuto
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Dyrenes Karneval
>     Aquarium
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Bagatelle for piano in A minor ("Für Elise"), WoO 59
>Grieg, Edvard : Peer Gynt, Op. 23
>     Prelude to Act 4 (Morning mood)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita no 4 in D, BWV 828
>     5. Sarabande
>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (5) for voice & piano, Op. 49
>     Wiegenlied, Op. 49/4
>Schubert, Franz : 4 Impromptus, Op. 90 D. 899
>     no 3 in G flat
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto in F minor, for violin and strings, Op. 8 no 4 R. 297 "L'inverno"
>     2. Largo
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Aria mit 30 Veranderungen, BWV 988 "Goldberg Variations"
>     Aria
>Debussy, Claude : Beau soir
>Elgar, Edward : Elegy for Strings, Op. 58
>Debussy, Claude : Deux Arabesques, L. 66
>     no 1. Andante con moto
>Handel, George Frideric : Water Music Suite no 1 in F, HWV 348
>     5. Air
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for piano no 8 in C minor, Op. 13 "Pathetique"
>     2. Adagio cantabile
>Debussy, Claude : Images, Book 1, L. 111
>     1. Reflets dans l'eau
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 6 in G minor ("Venetianisches Gondellied"), Op. 19b/6
>Debussy, Claude : Preludes, Book 1, L. 117
>     8. La fille aux cheveux de lin
>Liszt, Franz : 6 Consolations, S. 172
>     no 3 in D flat major (Lento, placido)

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite no 3 in D, BWV 1068
>Pachelbel, Johann : Canon and Gigue for 3 Violins and Basso Continuo in D major
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 2 in E flat major, Op. 9/2, CT. 109
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue in C major, BWV 846 (The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1)
>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Flight of the Bumblebee
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : An der schonen, blauen Donau, Op. 314
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/2 "Moonlight"
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Dyrenes Karneval
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Bagatelle for piano in A minor ("Für Elise"), WoO 59
>Grieg, Edvard : Peer Gynt, Op. 23
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita no 4 in D, BWV 828
>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (5) for voice & piano, Op. 49
>Schubert, Franz : 4 Impromptus, Op. 90 D. 899
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto in F minor, for violin and strings, Op. 8 no 4 R. 297 "L'inverno"
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Aria mit 30 Veranderungen, BWV 988 "Goldberg Variations"
>Debussy, Claude : Beau soir
>Elgar, Edward : Elegy for Strings, Op. 58
>Debussy, Claude : Deux Arabesques, L. 66
>Handel, George Frideric : Water Music Suite no 1 in F, HWV 348
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for piano no 8 in C minor, Op. 13 "Pathetique"
>Debussy, Claude : Images, Book 1, L. 111
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 6 in G minor ("Venetianisches Gondellied"), Op. 19b/6
>Debussy, Claude : Preludes, Book 1, L. 117
>Liszt, Franz : 6 Consolations, S. 172
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite no 3 in D, BWV 1068 :: 2. Air
  • Conductor: Karl Richter
  • Ensemble: Academy of St. Martin in the Fields
  • Running Time: 5 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1731

>Pachelbel, Johann : Canon and Gigue for 3 Violins and Basso Continuo in D major
  • Conductor: Karl Munchinger
  • Ensemble: Concertgebouw Chamber Orchestra
  • Running Time: 4 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: after 1700

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a :: Dance of the Sugar-Plum Fairy
  • Conductor: Georg Solti
  • Running Time: 1 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Frédéric Chopin (1810 - 1849) : Nocturne for piano no 2 in E flat major, Op. 9/2, CT. 109
  • Performer: Vladimir Ashkenazy (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1830-1832

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue in C major, BWV 846 (The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1)
  • Performer: Andras Schiff (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1722

>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Flight of the Bumblebee
  • Conductor: David Zinman
  • Running Time: 1 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1901

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : An der schönen, blauen Donau, Op. 314
  • Conductor: Willi Boskovsky
  • Running Time: 7 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1867

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Piano no 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27/2 "Moonlight" :: 1. Adagio sostenuto
  • Performer: Vladimir Ashkenazy (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1801

>Camille Saint-Saëns (1835 - 1921) : Dyrenes Karneval :: Aquarium
  • Conductor: Andre Previn
  • Running Time: 2 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1886

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Bagatelle for piano in A minor ("Für Elise"), WoO 59
  • Performer: Wilhelm Kempff (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1810

>Grieg, Edvard : Peer Gynt, Op. 23 :: Prelude to Act 4 (Morning mood)
  • Conductor: Edo De Waart
  • Running Time: 4 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1874-1875

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita no 4 in D, BWV 828 :: 5. Sarabande
  • Performer: Andras Schiff (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1726-1731

>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (5) for voice & piano, Op. 49 :: Wiegenlied, Op. 49/4
  • Performer: Marisa Robles (Harp)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1868

>Schubert, Franz : 4 Impromptus, Op. 90 D. 899 :: no 3 in G flat
  • Performer: Andras Schiff (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: ?1827

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto in F minor, for violin and strings, Op. 8 no 4 R. 297 "L'inverno" :: 2. Largo
  • Performer: Pina Carmirelli (Violin)
  • Ensemble: I Musici
  • Running Time: 2 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Aria mit 30 Veränderungen, BWV 988 "Goldberg Variations" :: Aria
  • Performer: Andras Schiff (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1741

>Debussy, Claude : Beau soir
  • Performers: Mischa Maisky (Cello); Daria Hovora (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1880

>Elgar, Edward : Elegy for Strings, Op. 58
  • Conductor: Sir Marriner
  • Notes: Composition written: 1909.
  • Running Time: 4 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1909

>Debussy, Claude : Deux Arabesques, L. 66 :: no 1. Andante con moto
  • Performer: Tamás Vásáry (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1888-1891

>Handel, George Frideric : Water Music Suite no 1 in F, HWV 348 :: 5. Air
  • Conductor: Simon Preston
  • Notes: Composition written: 1717.
  • Running Time: 3 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1717

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for piano no 8 in C minor, Op. 13 "Pathetique" :: 2. Adagio cantabile
  • Performer: Radu Lupu (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1797-1798

>Debussy, Claude : Images, Book 1, L. 111 :: 1. Reflets dans l'eau
  • Performer: Arturo Michelangeli (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1905

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Song Without Words for piano no 6 in G minor ("Venetianisches Gondellied"), Op. 19b/6
  • Performer: Andras Schiff (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 10/16/1830.
  • Running Time: 2 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 10/16/1830

>Debussy, Claude : Préludes, Book 1, L. 117 :: 8. La fille aux cheveux de lin
  • Performer: Arturo Michelangeli (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1907-1910

>Liszt, Franz : 6 Consolations, S. 172 :: no 3 in D flat major (Lento, placido)
  • Performer: Tamás Vásáry (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1849-50.
  • Running Time: 4 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1849-1850