Notes & Reviews:
Double-bassist Volkan Orhon performs the wonderful Grieg Cello Sonata. This album also features a great transcription for double-bass and piano of Cesar Franck's Sonata in A Major for Violin and Piano.
American Record Guide, May/June 2014
These two major romantic sonatas transcribe well for the bass viol. Both are rich in lyricism and drama. Orhon plays with warmth and sensitivity. I can imagine more convincing technical prowess. These are presentable performances recorded with clarity and a fine depth of sound in both instruments. Bass players in particular will find it interesting.
Recording information: 12/19/2009.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsGrieg, Edvard : Sonata for Cello and Piano in A minor, Op. 36
- Performers: Rose Chancler (Piano); Volkan Orhon (Double Bass)
- Running Time: 28 min. 21 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Written: 1882-1883
César Franck (1822 - 1890) : Sonata for Violin and Piano in A major, M 8
- Performers: Volkan Orhon (Double Bass); Rose Chancler (Piano)
- Notes: Millard Auditorium, Hartt School, Hartford, Connecticut (08/11/2004-08/12/2004)
- Running Time: 29 min. 14 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Written: 1886