1 800 222 6872

Songs by Glinka, Chopin, Dvorak, Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninov / Anda-Louise Bogza, soprano; Marcel Javorcek, piano

Audio Samples

>Glinka, Mikhail : Do not tempt me needlessly
>Glinka, Mikhail : The fire of longing burns in my heart
>Glinka, Mikhail : The poor singer
>Glinka, Mikhail : Say not that it grieves the heart (Ne govori, chto serdtsu), song for voice & piano, G. x335
>Glinka, Mikhail : L'alouette
>Glinka, Mikhail : How sweet it is to be with you (Kak sladko s toboyu mne bit'), for voice & piano, G. x277
>Glinka, Mikhail : Venetian Night (Venetsianskaya noch'), song for voice & piano, G. x117
>Glinka, Mikhail : Ya zdes, Inezilya (Here I am, Iñesilla)
>     Spanish Romance), song for voice & piano, G. x161
>Chopin, Frédéric : Zyczenie (The Wish), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/1, CT 129
>Chopin, Frédéric : Smutna rzeka (The Sad Stream), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/3, CT. 131
>Chopin, Frédéric : Gdzie lubi (There Where She Loves), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/5, CT. 133
>Chopin, Frédéric : Melodya (Melody), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/9, CT. 137
>Chopin, Frédéric : Piosnka litewska (Lithuanian Song), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/16, CT. 144
>Chopin, Frédéric : Moja Pieszczotka (My Darling), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/12, CT. 140
>Chopin, Frédéric : Pierscien (The Ring), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/14, CT. 142
>Dvorak, Antonin : Zigeunermelodien (7), Op. 55
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : To Forget So Soon
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Songs (7), Op. 47
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Songs (6), Op. 6
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Lullaby, Op. 16/1
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Does the Day Reign, Op. 47, no 6
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Songs (6), Op. 8
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Songs (12), Op. 21
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : How Fair This Spot
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : The dream, song for voice & piano, Op. 8/5
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Believe me not, friend, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/7

Album Summary

>Glinka, Mikhail : Do not tempt me needlessly
>Glinka, Mikhail : The fire of longing burns in my heart
>Glinka, Mikhail : The poor singer
>Glinka, Mikhail : Say not that it grieves the heart (Ne govori, chto serdtsu), song for voice & piano, G. x335
>Glinka, Mikhail : L'alouette
>Glinka, Mikhail : How sweet it is to be with you (Kak sladko s toboyu mne bit'), for voice & piano, G. x277
>Glinka, Mikhail : Venetian Night (Venetsianskaya noch'), song for voice & piano, G. x117
>Glinka, Mikhail : Ya zdes, Inezilya (Here I am, Iñesilla)
>Chopin, Frédéric : Zyczenie (The Wish), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/1, CT 129
>Chopin, Frédéric : Smutna rzeka (The Sad Stream), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/3, CT. 131
>Chopin, Frédéric : Gdzie lubi (There Where She Loves), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/5, CT. 133
>Chopin, Frédéric : Melodya (Melody), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/9, CT. 137
>Chopin, Frédéric : Piosnka litewska (Lithuanian Song), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/16, CT. 144
>Chopin, Frédéric : Moja Pieszczotka (My Darling), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/12, CT. 140
>Chopin, Frédéric : Pierscien (The Ring), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/14, CT. 142
>Dvorak, Antonin : Zigeunermelodien (7), Op. 55
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : To Forget So Soon
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Songs (7), Op. 47
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Songs (6), Op. 6
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Lullaby, Op. 16/1
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Does the Day Reign, Op. 47, no 6
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Songs (6), Op. 8
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Songs (12), Op. 21
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : How Fair This Spot
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : The dream, song for voice & piano, Op. 8/5
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Believe me not, friend, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/7
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

  • Soprano Anda-Louise Bogza interprets the songs of five composers.
  • Included on this disc is Antonin Dvorák's Gypsy Melodies song cycle and some less-than-often heard songs of Chopin.
  • Ms. Bogza leads a successful career performing in opera houses across Europe, as well having performed in Israel and Japan.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Martinu Hall, Prague (2012).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Glinka, Mikhail : Do not tempt me needlessly
  • Performers: Galina Aleshkevich (Piano); Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1825

>Glinka, Mikhail : The fire of longing burns in my heart
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Galina Aleshkevich (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1838

>Glinka, Mikhail : The poor singer
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Galina Aleshkevich (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1826

>Glinka, Mikhail : Say not that it grieves the heart (Ne govori, chto serdtsu), song for voice & piano, G. x335
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Galina Aleshkevich (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1855

>Glinka, Mikhail : L'alouette
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Galina Aleshkevich (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1840

>Glinka, Mikhail : How sweet it is to be with you (Kak sladko s toboyu mne bït'), for voice & piano, G. x277
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Galina Aleshkevich (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1840

>Glinka, Mikhail : Venetian Night (Venetsianskaya noch'), song for voice & piano, G. x117
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Galina Aleshkevich (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1832

>Glinka, Mikhail : Ya zdes, Inezilya (Here I am, Iñesilla) :: Spanish Romance), song for voice & piano, G. x161
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Galina Aleshkevich (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1834

>Frédéric Chopin (1810 - 1849) : Zyczenie (The Wish), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/1, CT 129
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Marcel Javorcek (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1829

>Frédéric Chopin (1810 - 1849) : Smutna rzeka (The Sad Stream), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/3, CT. 131
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Marcel Javorcek (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1831

>Frédéric Chopin (1810 - 1849) : Gdzie lubi (There Where She Loves), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/5, CT. 133
  • Performers: Marcel Javorcek (Piano); Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1829

>Frédéric Chopin (1810 - 1849) : Melodya (Melody), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/9, CT. 137
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Marcel Javorcek (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1847

>Frédéric Chopin (1810 - 1849) : Piosnka litewska (Lithuanian Song), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/16, CT. 144
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Marcel Javorcek (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1831

>Frédéric Chopin (1810 - 1849) : Moja Pieszczotka (My Darling), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/12, CT. 140
  • Performers: Marcel Javorcek (Piano); Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1837

>Frédéric Chopin (1810 - 1849) : Pierscien (The Ring), song for voice & piano, Op. 74/14, CT. 142
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Marcel Javorcek (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1836

>Antonin Dvorák (1841 - 1904) : Zigeunermelodien (7), Op. 55
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Marcel Javorcek (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: ?01/18/1880-02/23/1880.
  • Running Time: 12 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : To Forget So Soon
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Galina Aleshkevich (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1870

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Songs (7), Op. 47
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Galina Aleshkevich (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1880

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Songs (6), Op. 6
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Galina Aleshkevich (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1869

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Lullaby, Op. 16/1
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Galina Aleshkevich (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1872

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Does the Day Reign, Op. 47, no 6
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Galina Aleshkevich (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1880

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Songs (6), Op. 8
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Galina Aleshkevich (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1893

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Songs (12), Op. 21
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Marcel Javorcek (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : How Fair This Spot
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Marcel Javorcek (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : The dream, song for voice & piano, Op. 8/5
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Marcel Javorcek (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1893

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Believe me not, friend, song for voice & piano, Op. 14/7
  • Performers: Anda-Louise Bogza (Voice); Marcel Javorcek (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1896