- Anne-Marie Owens (Mezzo-soprano)
- Herbert Perry (Bass)
- Michael Bradley (Voice)
- Victor Ledbetter (Baritone)
- Lisa Griffith (Soprano)
- Josepha Gayer (Voice)
- Patricia Racette (Soprano)
- Kevin Langan (Tenor)
Notes & Reviews:
Emmeline is an opera by American composer Tobias Picker that is based on the true-life story of a single mother forced to give up her baby son who unknowingly marries him twenty years later. Emmeline received its world premiere at the Santa Fe Opera for its 40th anniversary season in 1996. It was played to sold-out houses and received standing ovations and international acclaim.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsPicker, Tobias [Composer] : Emmeline, opera in 2 acts
- Performers: Anne-Marie Owens (Mezzo-soprano); Herbert Perry (Bass); Michael Bradley (Voice); Victor Ledbetter (Baritone); Lisa Griffith (Soprano); Josepha Gayer (Voice); Patricia Racette (Soprano); Kevin Langan (Tenor)
- Conductor: George Manahan
- Ensemble: Santa Fe Opera Orchestra
- Notes: Santa Fe Opera (07/27/1996-07/31/1996)
- Running Time: 107 min. 16 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1994