1 800 222 6872

25 Symphony Favorites

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral"
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 29 in A major, K 201 (186a)
>Haydn, Johann Michael : Symphony in F major, MH 477 (P 30)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 40 in G minor, K 550
>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 94 in G major, H 1 no 94 "Surprise"
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 41 in C major, K 551 "Jupiter"
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : German Dances (3), K 605
>Schubert, Franz : Symphony no 5 in B flat major, D 485
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Symphony no 4 in A major, Op. 90 "Italian"
>Berlioz, Hector : Symphonie fantastique, Op. 14
>Dvorak, Antonin : Symphony no 9 in E minor, Op. 95/B 178 "From the New World"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
>Schubert, Franz : Symphony no 8 in B minor, D 759 "Unfinished"
>Schumann, Robert : Symphony no 2 in C major, Op. 61
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Symphony no 5 in E minor, Op. 64
>Prokofiev, Sergei : Symphony no 1 in D major, Op. 25 "Classical"
>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Symphony no 2 in E minor, Op. 27
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Symphony no 3 in C minor, Op. 78 "Organ"
>Brahms, Johannes : Symphony no 1 in C minor, Op. 68
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
Conductors Ensembles Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral" :: 1st Movement
  • Conductor: Anton Nanut
  • Ensemble: Ljubljana Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 29 in A major, K 201 (186a) :: 1st Movement
  • Conductor: Günter Kehr
  • Ensemble: Mainz Chamber Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1774

>Haydn, Johann Michael : Symphony in F major, MH 477 (P 30) :: Scherzando
  • Conductor: Harold Farberman
  • Ensemble: Bournemouth Sinfonietta
  • Running Time: 2 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 02/10/1788

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 40 in G minor, K 550 :: Minuet
  • Conductor: Leopold Hager
  • Ensemble: Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1788

>Haydn, Franz Joseph : Symphony no 94 in G major, H 1 no 94 "Surprise" :: Andante
  • Conductor: Leopold Ludwig
  • Ensemble: North German Radio Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1791

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 41 in C major, K 551 "Jupiter" :: 1st Movement
  • Conductor: Leopold Hager
  • Ensemble: Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1788

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : German Dances (3), K 605 :: Finale
  • Conductor: Günter Kehr
  • Ensemble: Mainz Chamber Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1780

>Schubert, Franz : Symphony no 5 in B flat major, D 485 :: Andante
  • Conductor: Peter Maag
  • Ensemble: Hungarian National Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1816

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Symphony no 4 in A major, Op. 90 "Italian" :: 1st Movement
  • Conductor: David Zinman
  • Ensemble: Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Notes: Composition written: 03/13/1833.
  • Running Time: 3 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/13/1833

>Berlioz, Hector : Symphonie fantastique, Op. 14
  • Conductor: Jonel Perlea
  • Ensemble: Bamberg Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 04/1830

>Antonin Dvorák (1841 - 1904) : Symphony no 9 in E minor, Op. 95/B 178 "From the New World" :: Largo
  • Conductor: Heinrich Hollreiser
  • Ensemble: Bamberg Symphony Orchestra
  • Notes: Composition written: 01/10/1893-05/24/1893.
  • Running Time: 2 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral" :: 4th Movement "Thunderstorm"
  • Conductor: Anton Nanut
  • Ensemble: Ljubljana Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67 :: Andante
  • Conductor: Anton Nanut
  • Ensemble: Ljubljana Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 4 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Schubert, Franz : Symphony no 8 in B minor, D 759 "Unfinished" :: 1st Movement
  • Conductor: Peter Maag
  • Ensemble: Hungarian National Philharmonic Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1822

>Schumann, Robert : Symphony no 2 in C major, Op. 61 :: Scherzo
  • Conductor: Jerzy Semkov
  • Ensemble: St. Louis Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1845-1846

>Antonin Dvorák (1841 - 1904) : Symphony no 9 in E minor, Op. 95/B 178 "From the New World" :: 4th Mo
  • Conductor: Heinrich Hollreiser
  • Ensemble: Bamberg Symphony Orchestra
  • Notes: Composition written: 01/10/1893-05/24/1893.
  • Running Time: 3 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Symphony no 5 in E minor, Op. 64 :: 3rd Movement
  • Conductor: Maurice Abravanel
  • Ensemble: Utah Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1888

>Prokofiev, Sergei : Symphony no 1 in D major, Op. 25 "Classical" :: Gavotte
  • Conductor: Jean Martinon
  • Ensemble: ORTF National Orchestra
  • Running Time: 1 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1916-1917

>Rachmaninov, Sergei : Symphony no 2 in E minor, Op. 27 :: 1st Movement
  • Conductor: Leonard Slatkin
  • Ensemble: St. Louis Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1906-1907

>Camille Saint-Saëns (1835 - 1921) : Symphony no 3 in C minor, Op. 78 "Organ" :: Finale
  • Conductor: Louis Froment
  • Ensemble: Luxembourg Radio/Television Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1886

>Brahms, Johannes : Symphony no 1 in C minor, Op. 68 :: Finale
  • Conductor: Jascha Horenstein
  • Ensemble: Southwest German Radio Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1855-1876

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Symphony no 5 in E minor, Op. 64 :: Finale
  • Conductor: Maurice Abravanel
  • Ensemble: Utah Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1888

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral" :: 3rd Movement
  • Conductor: Alberto Lizzio
  • Ensemble: London Festival Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1824

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92 :: 1st Movement (extract)
  • Conductor: Anton Nanut
  • Ensemble: Ljubljana Radio Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67 :: Finale
  • Conductor: Anton Nanut
  • Ensemble: Ljubljana Symphony Orchestra
  • Running Time: 4 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808