1 800 222 6872

An Hour with C.P.E. Bach / Les Coucous Bénévoles, Gay

> Flute Sonata in G major, Wq. 127, H. 554 - I. Adagio
> Flute Sonata in G major, Wq. 127, H. 554 - II. Allegro
> Flute Sonata in G major, Wq. 127, H. 554 - III. Vivace
> Trio Sonata in A major, Wq. 146, H. 570 - I. Allegretto
> Trio Sonata in A major, Wq. 146, H. 570 - II. Andante
> Trio Sonata in A major, Wq. 146, H. 570 - III. Vivace
> Keyboard Sonata in C minor, Wq. 60, H. 209 - I. Allegretto
> Keyboard Sonata in C minor, Wq. 60, H. 209 - II. Largo - Presto
> Sonata in E major, Wq. 162, H. 580 - I. Allegretto
> Sonata in E major, Wq. 162, H. 580 - II. Adagio di molto
> Sonata in E major, Wq. 162, H. 580 - III. Allegro assai
> Viola da Gamba Sonata in D major, Wq. 137, H. 559 - I. Adagio ma non tanto
> Viola da Gamba Sonata in D major, Wq. 137, H. 559 - II. Allegro di molto
> Viola da Gamba Sonata in D major, Wq. 137, H. 559 - III. Arioso

Album Summary

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for flute & continuo in G major, H. 554, Wq. 127
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Trio sonata for flute, violin & continuo in A major, H. 570, Wq. 146
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in C minor, H. 209, Wq. 60
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Trio Sonata for 2 Flutes and Basso Continuo in E major, Wq 162/H 580
>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for Viola da Gamba and Basso Continuo in D major, Wq 137/H 559
Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

"This very pleasing assortment of C.P.E. Bach chamber works, well performed by the Toronto-based Les Coucous Benevoles is titled 'An Hour with C.P.E. Bach. the works included date from 1731 to 1766, and thus all come from Bach's pre-Hamburg days...All the players on this disc are excellent, but gambist Istomin, who joins the continuo group for four selections is especially fine...Strongly recommended." -Youngren, Fanfare

Fanfare
This disc will be of interest to those who want to get an idea of the range and variety of C.P.E. Bach's early chamber music. Strongly recommended



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for flute & continuo in G major, H. 554, Wq. 127
  • Ensemble: Les Coucous Bénévoles
  • Running Time: 7 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Trio sonata for flute, violin & continuo in A major, H. 570, Wq. 146
  • Ensemble: Les Coucous Bénévoles
  • Running Time: 13 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1731

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for keyboard in C minor, H. 209, Wq. 60
  • Ensemble: Les Coucous Bénévoles
  • Running Time: 8 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1766

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Trio Sonata for 2 Flutes and Basso Continuo in E major, Wq 162/H 580
  • Ensemble: Les Coucous Bénévoles
  • Running Time: 14 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1749

>Bach, Carl Philipp Emanuel : Sonata for Viola da Gamba and Basso Continuo in D major, Wq 137/H 559
  • Ensemble: Les Coucous Bénévoles
  • Running Time: 15 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1746