- Nikolai Putilin (Bass)
- Vladimir Ognovenko (Baritone)
- Vladimir Galouzine (Tenor)
- Robert Brubaker (Tenor)
- Elena Zaremba (Mezzo Soprano)
- Vladimir Vaneev (Bass)
Notes & Reviews:
Mussorgsky's loveless and brutal drama of the transformation of Russian society, which led to the rule of Peter the Great within the epic history of Russia, is powerfully modernized through Stein Winge's dramatic and uncompromising production. Performing the version completed by Shostakovich, the outstanding Russian-dominated cast and the orchestra and chorus of the Liceu are led by Michael Boder. Recorded using High Definition cameras and in true surround sound.Notes & Reviews:
Run Time: 192 min.
Picture Format: NTSC, Color
Country of Origin: USA
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMussorgsky, Modest : Khovanshchina
- Performers: Elena Zaremba (Mezzo Soprano); Vladimir Vaneev (Bass); Nikolai Putilin (Bass); Vladimir Ognovenko (Baritone); Vladimir Galouzine (Tenor); Robert Brubaker (Tenor)
- Conductor: Michael Boder
- Ensemble: Gran Teatre del Liceu Chorus
- Running Time: 350 min. sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1872-1880
- Studio/Live: Live