- Marijana Mijanovic (Alto Castrato)
- Katharina Peetz (Alto)
- Christina Clark (Soprano)
- Martina Jankova (Soprano)
- Konstantin Wolff (Bass)
Notes & Reviews:
This is a BLU-RAY disc that will not play on a standard DVD player. A standard DVD is available as AHM 101309. After it's premiere in London in 1733, there were no subsequent productions of Orlando and the work rapidly disappeared into obscurity, not finding its way back to opera house repertoire until the Handel renaissance of the 1920s. Nevertheless, these centuries of neglect are entirely at odds with the universally undisputed quality of the opera. Beneath the fabric of this masterfully woven constellation of characters and values is a score of such independence and vivacity as to give 'Orlando' a special position among Handel's works - indeed among opera literature in general.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsHandel, George Frideric : Orlando, HWV 31
- Performers: Marijana Mijanovic (Alto Castrato); Katharina Peetz (Alto); Christina Clark (Soprano); Martina Jankova (Soprano); Konstantin Wolff (Bass)
- Conductor: William Christie
- Ensemble: Zurich Opera Orchestra
- Period Time: Baroque
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: by 1733
- Studio/Live: Live