1 800 222 6872

Louis XIV: Les Musiques du Roi-Soleil - Charpentier: Te Deum; Lully: Te Deum; Du Mont: Grands Motets; Versailles l'Ile Enchantée / Dumestre, Sempé, Desenclos

Audio Samples

>Charpentier, Marc-Antoine : Te Deum
>Lully, Jean-Baptiste : Te Deum, motet for double chorus & orchestra, LWV 55
>Mont, Henry du : Allemande for Organ in A minor
>Mont, Henry du : Super Flumina Babylonis, grand motet for double choir, strings & continuo
>Mont, Henry du : Dialogus de Anima
>Mont, Henry du : Ecce iste venit, grand motet
>Mont, Henry du : Pavane for keyboard (from the Bauyn Manuscript)
>Mont, Henry du : Benedic anima mea (Psalm 102), grand motet
>Mont, Henry du : Allemande grave for organ
>Lully, Jean-Baptiste : Psyché
>     Ouverture
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Prélude for harpsichord in G minor (Pièces de Claveçin)
>Lambert, Michel : Vos mespris chaque jour
>Chambonnieres, Jacques Champion : Sarabande for harpsichord in G major
>Lully, Jean-Baptiste : Le Bourgeois Gentilhomme
>     Marche pour la Cérémonie des Turcs
>     Reprise de la Marche pour ls Cérémonie des Turcs
>     Quels Spectales Charmants
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Prélude for harpsichord in G major (Pièces de Claveçin)
>Lambert, Michel : Ombre de mon amant
>Lully, Jean-Baptiste : Armide
>     Passacaille for 2 Harpsichords
>Roux, Gaspard Le : Gigue for 2 harpsichords in G major
>Campra, André [Composer] : L'Europe Galante
>     Sommeil
>     Mes Yeux
>Couperin, Louis : Prélude for harpsichord in C major (Pièces de clavecin, no 9)
>Couperin, Louis : Passacaille for harpsichord in C major (Pièces de clavecin, no 27)
>Chambonnieres, Jacques Champion : Paschalia (Courante) le Printemps, for harpsichord in A minor, G. 62
>Couperin, François : Allemande à deux clavecins, for 2 harpsichords (Pièces de clavecin, II, 9e ordre)
>Marais, Marin [Composer] : Les Voix Humaines, for viola da gamba & continuo in D major (Pièces de viole, Book II, no 63)
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Prelude for harpsichord in D minor (Pièces de Claveçin)
>Marais, Marin [Composer] : Sarabande, for 2 violas da gamba & continuo in D minor (Pièces de viole, Book I, no 69)
>Lully, Jean-Baptiste : Amadis
>     Chaconne

Album Summary

>Charpentier, Marc-Antoine : Te Deum
>Lully, Jean-Baptiste : Te Deum, motet for double chorus & orchestra, LWV 55
>Mont, Henry du : Allemande for Organ in A minor
>Mont, Henry du : Super Flumina Babylonis, grand motet for double choir, strings & continuo
>Mont, Henry du : Dialogus de Anima
>Mont, Henry du : Ecce iste venit, grand motet
>Mont, Henry du : Pavane for keyboard (from the Bauyn Manuscript)
>Mont, Henry du : Benedic anima mea (Psalm 102), grand motet
>Mont, Henry du : Allemande grave for organ
>Lully, Jean-Baptiste : Psyché
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Prélude for harpsichord in G minor (Pièces de Claveçin)
>Lambert, Michel : Vos mespris chaque jour
>Chambonnieres, Jacques Champion : Sarabande for harpsichord in G major
>Lully, Jean-Baptiste : Le Bourgeois Gentilhomme
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Prélude for harpsichord in G major (Pièces de Claveçin)
>Lambert, Michel : Ombre de mon amant
>Lully, Jean-Baptiste : Armide
>Roux, Gaspard Le : Gigue for 2 harpsichords in G major
>Campra, André [Composer] : L'Europe Galante
>Couperin, Louis : Prélude for harpsichord in C major (Pièces de clavecin, no 9)
>Couperin, Louis : Passacaille for harpsichord in C major (Pièces de clavecin, no 27)
>Chambonnieres, Jacques Champion : Paschalia (Courante) le Printemps, for harpsichord in A minor, G. 62
>Couperin, François : Allemande à deux clavecins, for 2 harpsichords (Pièces de clavecin, II, 9e ordre)
>Marais, Marin [Composer] : Les Voix Humaines, for viola da gamba & continuo in D major (Pièces de viole, Book II, no 63)
>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Prelude for harpsichord in D minor (Pièces de Claveçin)
>Marais, Marin [Composer] : Sarabande, for 2 violas da gamba & continuo in D minor (Pièces de viole, Book I, no 69)
>Lully, Jean-Baptiste : Amadis
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composers

Notes & Reviews:

On the occasion of the tercentennial of the death of the Sun King, Alpha Classics, boasting a rich catalogue of benchmark Baroque recordings and a collection in partnership with the Château de Versailles, is celebrating 'A reign full of music'. More than any other sovereign of his time, Louis XIV (1638-1715) loved the arts and was responsible for their exceptional development. All disciplines were the object of royal attention, thanks to both the considerable means that the monarch devoted to them and to the structuring of each of the Beaux Arts in an academy. The result was a fantastic harvest of masterpieces, a unique period when most of the disciplines joined forces to work on flagship projects, with unprecedented international repercussions. The artistic France of Louis XIV set the tone for all of Europe.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Charpentier, Marc-Antoine : Te Deum
  • Performers: Jeffrey Thompson (Voice); Benoît Arnould (Baritone); Reinoud Van Mechelen
  • Conductor: Vincent Dumestre
  • Ensemble: Le Poème Harmonique
  • Running Time: 16 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: ?1692

>Lully, Jean-Baptiste : Te Deum, motet for double chorus & orchestra, LWV 55
  • Performers: Benoît Arnould (Baritone); Jeffrey Thompson (Voice); Reinoud Van Mechelen
  • Conductor: Vincent Dumestre
  • Ensemble: Le Poème Harmonique
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1677

>Mont, Henry du : Allemande for Organ in A minor
  • Performer: Frederic Desenclos (Organ)
  • Conductor: Frederic Desenclos
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Pierre Robert
  • Running Time: 2 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Mont, Henry du : Super Flumina Babylonis, grand motet for double choir, strings & continuo
  • Performer: Frederic Desenclos (Organ)
  • Conductor: Frederic Desenclos
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Pierre Robert
  • Running Time: 11 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1686

>Mont, Henry du : Allemande for Organ in A minor
  • Performer: Frederic Desenclos (Organ)
  • Conductor: Frederic Desenclos
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Pierre Robert
  • Running Time: 2 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Mont, Henry du : Dialogus de Anima
  • Performer: Frederic Desenclos (Organ)
  • Conductor: Frederic Desenclos
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Pierre Robert
  • Running Time: 19 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Mont, Henry du : Allemande for Organ in A minor
  • Performer: Frederic Desenclos (Organ)
  • Conductor: Frederic Desenclos
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Pierre Robert
  • Running Time: 2 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Mont, Henry du : Ecce iste venit, grand motet
  • Performer: Frederic Desenclos (Organ)
  • Conductor: Frederic Desenclos
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Pierre Robert
  • Running Time: 10 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1686

>Mont, Henry du : Pavane for keyboard (from the Bauyn Manuscript)
  • Performer: Frederic Desenclos (Organ)
  • Conductor: Frederic Desenclos
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Pierre Robert
  • Running Time: 4 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Mont, Henry du : Benedic anima mea (Psalm 102), grand motet
  • Performer: Frederic Desenclos (Organ)
  • Conductor: Frederic Desenclos
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Pierre Robert
  • Running Time: 15 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1686

>Mont, Henry du : Allemande grave for organ
  • Performer: Frederic Desenclos (Organ)
  • Conductor: Frederic Desenclos
  • Ensemble: Ensemble Pierre Robert
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Lully, Jean-Baptiste : Psyché :: Ouverture
  • Conductor: Skip Sempe
  • Running Time: 2 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1678

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Prélude for harpsichord in G minor (Pièces de Claveçin)
  • Conductor: Skip Sempe
  • Running Time: 1 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Lambert, Michel : Vos mespris chaque jour
  • Performer: Guillemette Laurens (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Conductor: Skip Sempe
  • Running Time: 3 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Chambonnieres, Jacques Champion : Sarabande for harpsichord in G major
  • Conductor: Skip Sempe
  • Running Time: 2 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Lully, Jean-Baptiste : Le Bourgeois Gentilhomme :: Marche pour la Cérémonie des Turcs
  • Conductor: Skip Sempe
  • Running Time: 1 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Ballet

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Prélude for harpsichord in G major (Pièces de Claveçin)
  • Conductor: Skip Sempe
  • Running Time: 2 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Lambert, Michel : Ombre de mon amant
  • Performer: Guillemette Laurens (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Conductor: Skip Sempe
  • Running Time: 5 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Lully, Jean-Baptiste : Armide :: Passacaille for 2 Harpsichords
  • Conductor: Skip Sempe
  • Running Time: 3 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Opera/Operetta

>Roux, Gaspard Le : Gigue for 2 harpsichords in G major
  • Conductor: Skip Sempe
  • Running Time: 1 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Lully, Jean-Baptiste : Le Bourgeois Gentilhomme :: Reprise de la Marche pour ls Cérémonie des Turcs
  • Conductor: Skip Sempe
  • Running Time: 1 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Ballet

>Campra, André [Composer] : L'Europe Galante :: Sommeil
  • Performer: Jasu Moisio (Oboe)
  • Conductor: Skip Sempe
  • Running Time: 5 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1697

>Couperin, Louis : Prélude for harpsichord in C major (Pièces de clavecin, no 9)
  • Conductor: Skip Sempe
  • Running Time: 2 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Couperin, Louis : Passacaille for harpsichord in C major (Pièces de clavecin, no 27)
  • Conductor: Skip Sempe
  • Running Time: 5 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Chambonnieres, Jacques Champion : Paschalia (Courante) le Printemps, for harpsichord in A minor, G. 62
  • Conductor: Skip Sempe
  • Running Time: 1 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Campra, André [Composer] : L'Europe Galante :: Mes Yeux
  • Performer: Guillemette Laurens (Mezzo Soprano)
  • Conductor: Skip Sempe
  • Running Time: 4 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1697

>Couperin, François : Allemande à deux clavecins, for 2 harpsichords (Pièces de clavecin, II, 9e ordre)
  • Conductor: Skip Sempe
  • Running Time: 4 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Marais, Marin [Composer] : Les Voix Humaines, for viola da gamba & continuo in D major (Pièces de viole, Book II, no 63)
  • Performer: Jay Bernfeld (Double Bass)
  • Conductor: Skip Sempe
  • Running Time: 4 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>d'Anglebert, Jean-Henri : Prelude for harpsichord in D minor (Pièces de Claveçin)
  • Conductor: Skip Sempe
  • Running Time: 4 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1689

>Marais, Marin [Composer] : Sarabande, for 2 violas da gamba & continuo in D minor (Pièces de viole, Book I, no 69)
  • Performers: Jay Bernfeld (Double Bass); Arianne Maurette (Double Bass)
  • Conductor: Skip Sempe
  • Running Time: 3 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Lully, Jean-Baptiste : Le Bourgeois Gentilhomme :: Quels Spectales Charmants
  • Conductor: Skip Sempe
  • Running Time: 1 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Ballet

>Lully, Jean-Baptiste : Amadis :: Chaconne
  • Conductor: Skip Sempe
  • Running Time: 6 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Opera/Operetta