- Far Away from Home (From "Wildcat") $0.99 on iTunes
- A Hundred Years from Today (From "Blackbirds Of 1933") $0.99 on iTunes
- Lonely Town (From "On the Town") $0.99 on iTunes
- A Rainy Day (From "Flying Colors") $0.99 on iTunes
- About a Quarter to Nine (From "Go into Your Dance") $0.99 on iTunes
- Once upon a Time (From "All American") $0.99 on iTunes
- The Way You Look Tonight (From "Swing Time") $0.99 on iTunes
- Say, Young Man of Manhattan (From "Smiles") $0.99 on iTunes
- Long Before I Knew You (From "Bells Are Ringing") $0.99 on iTunes
- Beyond the Sea $0.99 on iTunes
- Pillar to Post (From "Henry, Sweet Henry") $0.99 on iTunes
- Waiting at the End of the Road (From "Hallelujah") $0.99 on iTunes
Personnel includes: Eric Comstock (vocals, piano); Steve Berger (guitar); Ken Peplowsksi, Harry Allen (tenor saxophone); Kurt Weiss (trumpet, flugelhorn); Frank Tate (bass); Scott Napoli (drums).
Recorded at Seltzer Sound Studios, New York, New York. Includes liner notes by Will Friedwald.
Personnel: Eric Comstock (vocals, piano); Peter Bernstein , Steve Berger (guitar); Harry Allen, Ken Peplowski (tenor saxophone); Steve Armour (trombone); Tom Melito (drums).
Liner Note Author: Will Friedwald.
Recording information: Seltzer Sound, New York, NY.
Photographer: Joan Marcus.
Unknown Contributor Role: Eric Comstock.
Arranger: Eric Comstock.
Young Man of Manhattan finds Eric Comstock, one of the most popular cabaret and supper club singers in New York and Los Angeles, releasing his first album. The record is lightly swinging and slyly entertaining, featuring the singer/pianist supported by saxophonist Harry Allen, bassist Frank Tate, horn Kurt Weiss and drummer Scott Napoli. Comstock plays both familiar standards and forgotten favorites from the pre-rock popular songbook and the results are quite enchanting indeed. ~ Rodney Batdorf
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- Bitter/Sweet (Napoleon, Randy)